2 Negatives for 1 Positiv

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I understand what it is that you need to do. Are you strying to replicate a thin walled copt of the white face-blank there?

If so I think a Rubber mold of it is what you're missing there.. The fiberglass pull that you have is going to be a poor substitute for a rubber mold. Also the easiest way to do this sort of thin, if the interior isn't needed to be exact is to use brushable resin to make a thin coating, or slushable urethane to evenly coat your mold.

Please clarify which part it is that you need to make a thin walled casting of.

I think after watching the video I better understand what you're asking, but I'm still a little iffy.

I think Sean has the right advice for this though.

Ok, hope i can explain it that Way:

The Front-Negativ is made out of Latex with a Mothermold out of Fiberglass, it works pretty good, btw i could make a Block for the Mothermold out of some Plaster, but for now its more important to make the Back-Negativ.

I want a fast Making of a Mask with a Wallstrength about 2 or 3mm.

The Guy in the Vid made it out of Waxplates, but i cant get that at my Store.

Short sayed: Just get Urethan in the Molds and become a Mask out with constant Thickness.

You could also make the molds larger and have them actually attach to a spacer between them. (or in the eye areas and nose holes that presumably you want to cut out)

Then you would have a positive and negative mold, with a perfect gap between them. Fill the gap with your urethane.

OR..

I'll say it another way, in case it helps.
Make an outside mold and press the inside mold against it with spacers between them.. Seal the edges, except for two spots.. one to add urethane, and one to vent the air out to avoid bubles.

Or you slush cast the mold against the outside edge if you don't need a perfect thickness, and you don't need a perfect surface on the inside... check the pinned posts for slush casting topics.. This is how standard latex masks and helmets are made.

Good luck, and great job with your English.. I don't think my Austrian is good at all.. though I can yell "get to da' choppa!" with the best of them ;)

Sisko4, Is that a G3 on the table in your pic? :p

Also a note about your question, I saw on a "how its made" episode on hockey goalie helmets.

They used many layers of fiberglass and some kevlary (to help stop pucks), apply resin to each layer and then compress it in the mold with an immense amount of weight.

Basically you have the strength of multiple layers of fiberglass but much thinner.

Here is the video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=l23C_abF8ZE&feature=related

@Deadguy:

The 2nd Way seems to be a good Way, i think i´ll try it out!

@:Mad Cow: Nope, its a Type89 from TM. But the Video, ok i watched only the first Minute, but it goes in the first Steps exactly how i made it, would help also. I watch it later to the Finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back