for High-res 3D modeling which would you guys want first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mblackwell1002

Sr Member
Hi, Guys!

I'm currently in progress of 3D printing a Halo 5 MC armor (armor 3D models by CarterBuilder12:)) .
I Don't have much progress so far, and I've still got a bit of sanding to do, but I Figured you guys would like to see what I've been up to.
well, Here goes nothin' :
first up,
Shin: this piece was glued using an acetone slurry, I'm still working on filling gaps, but that'll come later
104_0135.JPG

Forearm: I may Reprint this one, but I'm waiting to see If I can get the rest of the suit done in time for Emerald City Comic-con before jumping to conclusions. It was smoothed using XTC-3D, but I don't like the result very much TBH
104_0132.JPG104_0131.JPG

Also, Here's what I've got of my base undersuit so far (this is Commander Palmer's undersuit technique), There will be (green) padded additions to cover up that ugly belly portion (that was my firs attempt, and I did a bit of a bad job:( I might redo it.) the back portion has a foam spine piece, but I'm working on the upper spine as we speak.
104_0124.JPG 104_0130.JPG 104_0129.JPG
You also may be wondering: "what the heck is that green thing?!"
well, that's a cut-up portion of the cheap disguise MC costume. I'm using lots of cut-up pieces for undersuit details to make it as detailed as possible
My reason for doing this was because I'd get a green hexagon pattern without any trouble, and It would make me look more Spartan-like (muscle:p)

I've also got some sweet 3D models on the way, free to the public in the FFA coalminer series

well, tell me what you think of my work so far!:)

Awesome man! That's an awesome way to add more detail to the undersuit. What material are you printing with just curious.
Thanks! I'm using Esun ABS+ for the printed parts and using acetone / ABS+ slurry to glue everything together.

Also, you may think the current undersuit looks kinda' weird...(I think it looks ugly)
no matter, I'm fixing that right now.:)

looks awesome man! have you began on the torso yet? just asking because if not there is an updated version of the torso now up on my thread. :)

Last edited:
Here's the led placement we were talking about on the FFA series. I circled the most prominent areas where I think LEDs should go, and the arrows are possible ones. I'm not sure if you even plan on modelling those sight things or whatever they are for the print, and even if you did, I'm not sure LEDs would really work there. Another possibility that I didn't circle since I think it's a little out there would be to make that orange line a separate part that would be printed clear and then diffused, so that you could wire multiple LEDs to make that glow. Like I said though, I think that idea is a little out there.
scattershot.png

looks awesome man! have you began on the torso yet? just asking because if not there is an updated version of the torso now up on my thread. :)
no, I haven't. Thanks for telling me about the updated Chest.:D
Here's the led placement we were talking about on the FFA series. I circled the most prominent areas where I think LEDs should go, and the arrows are possible ones. I'm not sure if you even plan on modelling those sight things or whatever they are for the print, and even if you did, I'm not sure LEDs would really work there. Another possibility that I didn't circle since I think it's a little out there would be to make that orange line a separate part that would be printed clear and then diffused, so that you could wire multiple LEDs to make that glow. Like I said though, I think that idea is a little out there.View attachment 237979
Yep, I can do most of that, I can't do lights in the sights without making it innacurate, so I'll make it a little bit simpler in that aspect.
Honestly, I think for that glowing light strip in the middle, I think It would look better if the prop was hollow, and you could add a sheet of clear plastic or plexiglass to the back. plus, it would allow lots of room for wiring, and make it lightweight. Thoughts?

Alright, guys! side-project(s) here:
ODST armor in the works for a friend:
104_0095.JPG so: ODST guys; tell me what you think

And...a Rogue One shoretrooper, also for a friend:):
104_0136.JPG 104_0137.JPG

Yep, I can do most of that, I can't do lights in the sights without making it innacurate, so I'll make it a little bit simpler in that aspect.
Honestly, I think for that glowing light strip in the middle, I think It would look better if the prop was hollow, and you could add a sheet of clear plastic or plexiglass to the back. plus, it would allow lots of room for wiring, and make it lightweight. Thoughts?
I would say that making it hollow is definitely the way to go. Then, if you wanted, you could even use an led strip and make it look really good.

just curious where did you find the template for the spine ? i searched all around his profile and i cant find them :(

today's update:
improved undersuit parts! I'll be redoing the spine with mawrTRON's Excellent spine and AB templates
View attachment 238108

sorry it's not a great picture...
Wow you put that together quickly, looks good!

just curious where did you find the template for the spine ? i searched all around his profile and i cant find them :(

Hope you had a good stalk! They are on my most recent build thread.

aww...sorry, man. the file was Commander Palmer's template, and it was in the old archive. but with switching to the new one, it's lost on the old site.

But, I'm working on the new spine right now, which is mawrTRON's.

@mcblackwell1002 nice to see yet another great use of Carter's model.

Also, nice job on the undersuit. It's a long way, but worth it, haha.

Oh, about the File Archive. It IS online, on the old forum, just log in and go here - 405th File Archive

- Palmer

Wow you put that together quickly, looks good!

Hope you had a good stalk! They are on my most recent build thread.
thanks, but that was not using your templates...standby for photos:)

@mcblackwell1002 nice to see yet another great use of Carter's model.

Also, nice job on the undersuit. It's a long way, but worth it, haha.

Oh, about the File Archive. It IS online, on the old forum, just log in and go here - 405th File Archive

- Palmer
Ah, thanks!
though, I'm not too happy with my undersuit...
I messed up like Craaazy with getting stuff symmetrical

well, I guess there's a first time for everything.;)

also, I'd like you guys to criticize me...I'm one of those people who improve when criticized, as it helps me to learn. so, please do so.:)

small update, new spine:
104_0140.JPG

Last edited:
yet another small update:
AB!!! this time, it's a good picture:)
View attachment 238117
sadly, I've got an ODST helmet on the printbed right now, but immediately afterward I'll get back to printing MC armor.

anyway, Questions, Comments?

Looking good. Didnt expect people to be so eager for my files. They are super easy to do for me. The one thing i did differently is put a 10mm gap between the piece with the 5 holes and the one above it. I have simce linked them all together with elastic for maximum flexibility in the ab.

Oh, Yeeaah! they're a ton of fun to assemble.
and flexibility...I think I'll do that. I did use medium thickness foam rather than the big sheets, so mine is a tad bit more flexible judging by that...but as you said, I'll put some elastic to promote more flexibility.
I'll also be adding the small upper Ab portion and adding some hexagons to really showcase some detailing.
thanks so much for the templates, mawrTRON!

I have the templates already and as soon as I have my helmet finished......quick question: you did each piece individually right? How do you attach each piece to make it flexible?

Of the spine?
uh, they're not attached yet, but yes I did each piece individually.

I was planning to glue vertebrae to a strip of elastic, or maybe each piece velcro'ed to my back undersuit (the red part that has all the hexagons on it, not the fabric undersuit part, but the foam one...Confusing?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back