3D printed Master Chief with undersuit, Mblackwell's project thread

for High-res 3D modeling which would you guys want first:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great photos! Those star wars sets look so cool. Sad I missed it. Getting to talk to the concept artist sounds pretty awesome too.

Just to add my 2 cents here with the Undersuit since I am working on it myself at the moment. Since the change from Halo 4 to Halo 5 the undersuit material I sourced wasn't acceptable any more. The honeycomb pattern is way less and it now actually looks like some kind of wetsuit. So I got myself a neoprene suit (a thin one so I won't die from a heatstroke...) and I am planning on attaching the various visible parts of the undersuit to it. Including the honeycomb pattern. I experimented with a VERY stretchy material... some kind of sports undersuit. Here is how it looks like:
The honeycombs are 3d printed and attached to the cloth. It still stretches when worn and the pattern flows nicely around contours like that. If anyone is interested, I'll share the file but it is easy enough to do it yourself.

Attachments

• 20170307_112741.jpg
    20170307_112741.jpg
    761.4 KB · Views: 186
  • 20170307_112730.jpg
    20170307_112730.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 180
  • IMG-20170303-WA0006.jpg
    IMG-20170303-WA0006.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG-20170303-WA0003.jpg
    IMG-20170303-WA0003.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 177
Dirtsen - That is a very cool idea. I do want to advocate against a wetsuit though. It has been stated many times through the years that it is not a good idea for a con. They are designed to be used in water and on land you will drown in your own sweat. I am telling you this mostly so that newcomers don't read half of your post and then go run out to buy a wetsuit, it is not a good idea. Your 3d printed honeycombs however, that is a great idea. Well done.

Also, Blackwell, I got to see your photos on a better screen and your suit is pretty amazing.

Dirtsen - That is a very cool idea. I do want to advocate against a wetsuit though. It has been stated many times through the years that it is not a good idea for a con. They are designed to be used in water and on land you will drown in your own sweat. I am telling you this mostly so that newcomers don't read half of your post and then go run out to buy a wetsuit, it is not a good idea. Your 3d printed honeycombs however, that is a great idea. Well done.

Also, Blackwell, I got to see your photos on a better screen and your suit is pretty amazing.

Yes, the neoprene suit is definetely not a good idea to wear on a con or in warm weather. However, I was planning to be wearing it in cool weather outside, so i needed something to Keep me warm. A morphsuit won't do that.
I still have my morphsuit with the Halo 4 undersuit pattern which I am going to pimp a little to wear it indoors.

Dirtsen - I had a feeling you knew what you were doing, but I felt something needed to be said for those reading that might take the idea and run.. They need to consider the risks.

Hey another Dirt-person!!!! I agree w/ PerniciousDuke. Too many people read selectively and only what they want to read and don't heed the advise or warnings from others. Wearing a wet suit as an undersuit is dangerous even in cold weather.

Dirtsen, I like the undersuit design......If i had the time......and patience, I would do a whole suit like that.....very cool. Looking forward to seeing the completed suit.

Hrm...I'll have to think 'bout doing that sometime, Thom A293, nemesis2500. :D

small update:
ODST paintjob is nearing completion! there are a few pieces missing, but I hope you get the gist of the idea. Once again, I apologize for crappy photo quality. :p
View attachment 239783

more MC stuff to come in a few days...along with some...side projects. including an ODST helmet. Schankerz would approve of one of those...:)

and more helmets...til' next time!

also, Thom A293 and nemesis2500, Dictionary of Blackwell is officially up!

This may have been asked already, but the new website is wreaking havoc on my eyes... and i haven't taken the time to change any of my settings... where did you get your ST files from? those look very crisp!
and i have a flash forge as well. are you planning on eventually sharing the files?

good work so far! it looks fantastic!

I got my shoretrooper files from thingiverse, but the model isn't very accurate. I might model my own eventually, but I have other things that I am working on....too many things..:p

Guys, I made the Shoretrooper helmet together with Rundown. We planned on doing the whole armor ready for 3d printing. If there is enough interest I'll get it done.

Attachments

• shore.png
    shore.png
    86.5 KB · Views: 176
  • shorebackside.png
    shorebackside.png
    80.9 KB · Views: 163
  • shorefront.png
    shorefront.png
    85.5 KB · Views: 184
  • shoreperspective.png
    shoreperspective.png