Advice needed on LEDs and vents for air flow in helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike bike

I was planning on making a light bar type flashlight system for my recon helmet. I can't find a LED bar that small and i don't really want to buy a 20 foot roll of the LED strips they have on eBay for the small amount i need. I was thinking up using small LEDs in a line to create the light bar and putting a plastic cover in front. The LEDs are attached in a photo. Thats where the green circle is.

The red Circle is where i want to put a vent since i plan on putting a fan right there. Now I'm not sure how to add vent holes without them just looking like holes. does anyone have any ideas, tips or photos of what they have done? also looking to put vents in the back and by the ears.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 269
  • IMG_1062.jpg
    IMG_1062.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 272
  • IMG_1069.PNG
    IMG_1069.PNG
    409.2 KB · Views: 279
than might be too thick for that section of helmet. Something like that would have to be custom built so you might be better off building it yourself. Check out Radio shack. They have boards you can install lights on for something like this as well as switches, and battery packs.

For the vents in the buckets I have made, I always simply cut the opening all the way through, and then backed it with either metal "Modeler's Mesh" from a place like Michaels or Hobby Lobby or used some spare Screen door mesh.

than might be too thick for that section of helmet. Something like that would have to be custom built so you might be better off building it yourself. Check out Radio shack. They have boards you can install lights on for something like this as well as switches, and battery packs.
Hopefully they have them online all the radio shacks near me when out of business. It's a shame they were great for these things.

For the vents in the buckets I have made, I always simply cut the opening all the way through, and then backed it with either metal "Modeler's Mesh" from a place like Michaels or Hobby Lobby or used some spare Screen door mesh.
I'll look in to it thanks

Inside the completed helmet without the visor or padding

Attachments

• IMG_1152.JPG
    IMG_1152.JPG
    910.8 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1153.JPG
    IMG_1153.JPG
    889.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1154.JPG
    IMG_1154.JPG
    877.9 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_1155.JPG
    IMG_1155.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    859.9 KB · Views: 342
Ooo, I like the mesh screen. Thanks for the link.

I just saw this and would have suggested EL Tape, but the LED Strip works too. How does the new light look from the outside of the helmet?

Thanks for the link......I was looking in to some type of vent. This might just fit the bill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back