AnimeIowa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murishani047

Hello Midwest! Just curious if any of you have ever gone to or would want to attend AnimeIowa? Honestly I've never attended a Con yet so I'm not sure if it would be frowned upon appearing here as a Spartan/ODST/etc. I was thinking about going either way so. Thoughts?

Here's the website:
http://animeiowa.com/

I would not worry about it. The last time I had someone even remotely imply I was out of place in an American Sci-Fi/Video Game costume at an Anime Con was back in 2005 or so. At this point Costuming / Cosplay has become such a large part of Convention and Fan culture, that it is common place. The only limitation I have encountered at an Anime Con is that the "Cosplay Contest" is limited to Anime or Japanese Video Game related costumes. Out on the Con floor, anything goes.

Yeah, I figured it wouldn't really be an issue but I wanted to be sure. I'm not even sure if I'll have my build completed by then anyway. That being said, anyone interested in going?

I wish I could :( It sounds like fun.

Don't be intimidated by it being an anime convention. It's good practice, and most will still let you enter a contest if you wish. (Prize positions may still be limited to the anime costume though, so beware that)
Most of the friends I meet from the 405th stemmed from attending local anime conventions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back