Centurion Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
First, you look quite prestigious, and secondly, I really don't want to say it but is it a tad bit too small? I'm not sure if you're quite done the bottom yet but right now it doesn't seem to be covering your chin.

I just can't see a friend suffer like this. :confused: Would you let me pep it for you? You cover shipping and get back to making that armor??

Oh Dirt.....I'm sorry....

IMG_2724.JPG

Oh I hate you so much right now Hoser!!!!!

And PerniciousDuke, its the scaling I'm having an issue w/ not the peping......I going back to the tut to re-read the method......maybe I miss read or miss calculated somewhere......

W/ this latest.....mishap, I don't think I'll make my Purim deadline.......The Con in Altoon PA......good shot I can make that but I wanted the Purim festival for the soft showing. This will be the 1st year w/o a costume in 6 years......sad. I usually wow the parents. Most of the kids couldn't care less.....but for those few......another "wow" moment.

Yeah, and I could help you with the scaling much easier, but I feel like at this point the pepping is becoming a punishment. It already starts out as borderline punishment but.. 8 attempts! That is just brutal and unfair. Let me help, my friend. Also how did you hyperlink Schankerz and made it say Hoser instead? That was hilarious.

I know my scaling didn't help you last year with your son's helmet, but that was because we didn't know that the Export to PDF feature changed the scale. Now that we are both more familiar with the program I would be able to help you on your next try. I can even punch your dimensions into the ArmorSmith program and see what comes up. My last two peps have been scaled closer than I've ever had before.

You like the HyperHoser eh? Just copied his link address and pasted in to the URL. OK what dimensions do you need from my empty noggin?

And MBW, all the other helmets have gone the way of the wind.......or sanitation truck....take your pick. The only one left is the same size just warped by the resin and fiberglass.

What can I say, I've got to live up to my title!

I'm not sure if you said this already but have you painted and finished the rest of your armour yet? If you finish that you could probably still make it to your Purim festival as a helmetless Fred. Sure it's kinda weird since it'll be a spartan without a helmet but it would better than nothing, people would still be wowed by what you've got now!

I will assume you will use a fabric tape measure..
20170210_101521.jpg

Just shoot me the measurements for #1, 2 3 and 4 in a PM. Can you also email me the pdo file you are using? Or give me the hyperlink for it. I should be able to scale it pretty soon after I get all that. :)

True.....but the helmet is the true determination of who it is, don't you think? True, MC's helmet is a generic look, but nearly everyone else's helmet has a distinctive style, which in of itself singles out MC's helmet as being distinctive. I have only plasta dipped the completed pieces thus far and was waiting for all of them to do painting. I'm very systematic when it comes to certain things. I still have the shins and thighs to foam out.

Duke, don't have the cloth measuring tape w/ me right now....at work. First thing Monday. Thanks.

Like the faces........very cheerful.....ready for the weekend......Myties here I come.

Last edited:
Helmet looks great but yeah it is a bit to small. Once you have the lower end of it done, you could try to make a foam neck seal and have it cover your chin and back of neck and such.

Dirtdives

You can always try scaling your head down.

I could.....but what would I do w/ all that extra empty space I have in there? ;)

Helmet looks great but yeah it is a bit to small. Once you have the lower end of it done, you could try to make a foam neck seal and have it cover your chin and back of neck and such.

I though about that but even still, it is just too small overall. My chin would be hitting the underside of the helmet and that is just not going to be comfortable. :eek::eek::eek:

You going to be doing a rebuild of it :(?

Yes.....but this time w/ a little help from PerniciousDuke. In the mean time a quick update:

Got 1 shin done and started on the other:

Nice fit, slips right on and detailed the snot out of it. I am missing a piece by my Achilles heel, but I have to leave that out. I can't get get my foot in otherwise. Sanded down and now I have to seal it. I'm going to try mawrTRON, PVA/water 50/50 method. It sounds simple enough and should fill any and all holes/gaps in my armor. I just hope mine is 1/2 as good as his.

So 1 more piece of armor down, 4 more to go......5 including the helmet (Duke please hurry) and I have already started on the other shin. I have to do another test fit for you guys....getting there...Light at the end of the tunnel and it isn't an oncoming train!!!

Totally not a train. :)

Don't worry DD, I won't let you down. I'm thinking you'll be able to get away without bondoing this helmet. Just a good fiberglass job and lots of resin on the outside. Then file down the angles and spray with Primer Filler spray paint like Hopkins did for his kids helmet if you remember. That will get you to your first con and you can always add more bondo to it later if you think it needs it.

Nice shin!

Thank you PerniciousDuke, for all your continued help. And thanks to everyone for your continued support.....even Schankerz. Dam, when is that wall going up?!?!?!

Well got my other shin done but didn't test fit it just yet but it looks to be the correct size......except for the outer most side piece on the left:

And of course the pic I took doesn't show it clearly.....I think I pinched the pieces to the side of the knee too much on the right shin as they appear to be a bit shorter and thicker width-wise that the one on the left shin. Not that any one would notice while I was moving around or anything.....

I only had a few scrap pieces of craft foam for detailing so I decided to work on something else till I got more:

Spine!!! Templates by mawrTRON. They look killer I think. I might just use his templates for the cod/lower abdomen as well. Now I still have to get my undersuit, as the one I was going to use.....melted......a terrible accident that, for those of you that remember, involved a volcano.....enough said.
I'm going to glue this to some 1/4 EVA foam and then sew that on to my undersuit. Fun Fun Fun!!! Just adding more work for myself to do.....yay!!

After I detail the shin it will be on to the thighs......step by step......inch by inch........

Thank you PerniciousDuke, for all your continued help. And thanks to everyone for your continued support.....even Schankerz. Dam, when is that wall going up?!?!?!

Well got my other shin done but didn't test fit it just yet but it looks to be the correct size......except for the outer most side piece on the left:

And of course the pic I took doesn't show it clearly.....I think I pinched the pieces to the side of the knee too much on the right shin as they appear to be a bit shorter and thicker width-wise that the one on the left shin. Not that any one would notice while I was moving around or anything.....

I only had a few scrap pieces of craft foam for detailing so I decided to work on something else till I got more:

Spine!!! Templates by mawrTRON. They look killer I think. I might just use his templates for the cod/lower abdomen as well. Now I still have to get my undersuit, as the one I was going to use.....melted......a terrible accident that, for those of you that remember, involved a volcano.....enough said.
I'm going to glue this to some 1/4 EVA foam and then sew that on to my undersuit. Fun Fun Fun!!! Just adding more work for myself to do.....yay!!

After I detail the shin it will be on to the thighs......step by step......inch by inch........
Good to see people are using my spine. Its all looking good! If you cut a 'V' channel on the back of the foam where I put the dashed line. Then pump it with glue and fold it you will get a bit of curavture to the spine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back