Curious about costume contests at conventions!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyinPhil

Hey guys!

So as my title states, I'm curious about costume contests at conventions and how they work. Like do I need some sort of music on a thumb drive prepared? Do I just show up and strut around on stage to some hastily thought up choreography?

Please let me know what your experiences are like!

I've only been to one con before, and didn't have my suit completely done, so wasn't even thinking about entering a contest. With my suit being almost done, though, I might enter a contest this year.

Thanks in advance for checking this out!

Usually conventions are good at outlining entry requirements for costume contests. From my own personal research and minor experience, it will say whether or not you're allowed a skit/music demo on a disc, or if it's more along the lines of a catwalk.
For the majority, most contests allow the attendee to prepare a skit and/or music disc as it provides more entertainment for the audience. Definitely look into the contest sections of conventions you're interested in for details. If you'd like a second pair of eyes, feel free to send a link my way. :)

Usually conventions are good at outlining entry requirements for costume contests. From my own personal research and minor experience, it will say whether or not you're allowed a skit/music demo on a disc, or if it's more along the lines of a catwalk.
For the majority, most contests allow the attendee to prepare a skit and/or music disc as it provides more entertainment for the audience. Definitely look into the contest sections of conventions you're interested in for details. If you'd like a second pair of eyes, feel free to send a link my way. :)

Thanks a ton! I'll do a little more reading on the edmonton comic expo site, amd see if I can get a little more insight to their rules and regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back