Disappointing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickrtickr

Member DIN
S259
Dear 405th,

I am very disappointed in the behavior and reactions of both staff and members regarding a matter that occurred today...

I have been a member for a very long time (though I haven't been as active as I would have liked due to college.) and I was looking forward to getting back into the swing of things now that I had graduated. To my dismay I and some other longtime members seemed to have been pushed aside to further a money making agenda that appears to care very little about our community.

I am sad to say that I am going to be leaving the forums (though hopefully only temporarily) for a while. If a genuine and long time member can't even maintain a logical conversation with site management then the problem is not going to go away.

As a final statement to the staff...
The way this entire event has played out it YOUR fault. When a member comes to the forums with an issue in the form of a public forum the topic will become drastically more heated because of public notice and input. the ENTIRE issue could have been resolved without a ban and without any forum disruption had you taken the conversation to a private message and settled the matter there...

It is possible that you did do this; however the explosion on the forum doesn't seem to represent that...
you have just banned one of the most important members of the halo costuming community and I am deeply saddened by your behavior that only serves to deepen the idea that you don't actually care about our community but the money that site traffic can bring in...

Finally to our members...
I have enjoyed the 6 and a half years I have spent with you guys and girls. I have watched many of you start and finish beautiful creations. I have had conversations and disagreements over many topics; and the cooler heads among us always found common ground in the end.

Because at the end of the day we are a community and while we can have our fights and disagreements, we are here to create and see others create and to have fun doing so. I am glad to have been able to even recruit a few of you at conventions and game releases. It is my hope that I may one day be able to do so once again, but should this trend continue I am afraid that I will no longer be able to support a community lead to remove prominent members only on the basis of wanting to keep their property under control...

Thus I will take my leave...
I hope to be able to maintain some contact with you guys through other means as I cannot in good conscience support a group that is not in it for the community...

If you guys would like to keep in touch you can contact me at my facebook page (www.facebook.com/AmslerArmory/)

I hope that I can one day return to the supportive community that we once were...

goodbye...

<info for staff>
I would like to keep my account active so that I may potentially return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back