dragon*con parade for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PARADE PARTICIPANT ONLY Shuttle (7- 10 AM):

Two (2), 38 passenger, ADA compliant buses will make a continuous loop between the back of the Marriott pick-up point and the Staging drop-off point on North Avenue. These are the only two stops on this special shuttle route. The first run leaves the Marriott at 7 AM. It will probably take 10 - 15 minutes to complete one full loop around this special route. The last of these shuttles' pick up is at 10 AM but we will have already launched the parade at that point, so I would NOT recommend taking that one if you are in the parade. The drivers will not be checking for wristbands but please be courteous if you are waiting at the Marriott stop and NOT participating in the parade, please do not take this shuttle – wait for the “regular” shuttle to arrive...this special shuttle only gets you to one other place anyway.

The "Regular" DC Shuttle ON PARADE MORNING (8 AM – Noon):

Three (3), 55 passenger buses (2 of which are ADA compliant) will make a full route run through the host hotels and to a bunch of overflow locations on parade morning. From the route map, it looks like the first stop is the Sheraton, the next is the Marriott, and the third stop is Staging (from there it continues on the long route around the overflow hotels). The first shuttle starts its run at 8 AM. There isn't a good way to estimate the frequency of shuttles or the time it takes to complete the whole route and getting to the Sheraton/Marriott pick up points because of traffic and the number of stops it makes after the Staging stop. Grabbing one of these as early as possible would work to get you to staging on time though. The "regular" shuttle maps and schedules, including the one running on parade morning (and NOT to be confused with the Parade Participants Only shuttle) can be found here: http://www.dragoncon.org/?q=shuttle_buses

Thank you for all of your work on this link4044! It is very much appreciated! I hope to see you all at the meet up spot if not before!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Link! Quick question: Will we grab the parade wrist bands from you at the staging area? Just left the parade table and will only give out armbands to you (the group organizer) or are we planning to meet up earlier? Thanks!

We meet up at the marriott lobby by the entrance. Then we head off to the parade spot

We meet up at the marriott lobby by the entrance. Then we head off to the parade spot
Excellent, thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to meeting all of you this weekend! Feel free to stop me if you see me. :)

Hey Link - Sorry to bother you again. Is there anyway that I can meet up with you before Saturday morning and get the wrist band? The only reason I ask is I am staying in the 12 hotel, and I am very close (walking distance) to the staging area. If I can grab the wrist band beforehand, that will greatly reduce my travel distance on Saturday morning. Let me know, I"m already here, so I'm can meet with you at one of the host hotels.

Thanks

Sure, I'll be walking around in one big three host hotels (mainly marriott) later tonight. Hit me up on Facebook, Ryan knows me

If anyone wants to pick your band up, come find me. I'll be walking around in the marriott tonight. I have a Mohawk (I may not be the only one) but I'll have a 405th lanyard on

Sure, I'll be walking around in one big three host hotels (mainly marriott) later tonight. Hit me up on Facebook, Ryan knows me

Perfect! I'll be wearing a maroon Colorado shirt. I'll look you up on Facebook and PM you.

If you have any last-minute fall out or want a reservist, I'd love to suit up for the parade! If not, I'll be taking pictures for you! See you at the photoshoot regardless!

Just in case anyone missed the deadline for the parade, I should 3-4 extra wristbands for anyone who wants them

Just in case anyone missed the deadline for the parade, I should 3-4 extra wristbands for anyone who wants them

I'd like to claim one! I'll be at the shuttle about 8. PM me if I need to do anything special to pick it up!

If there's anyone else who needs a wristband, I'm going to bow out of costuming and walking the parade this year. I've felt lousy the last few days, and subjecting myself to the conditions I remember from last year would likely do nothing good for my health. I wish you all fun though, and I hope to run into as many of you as I can elsewhere.

I was able to get 2 passes so the 2 I asked about are free for others

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I would just like to give a shout out to FANGS for being such an awesome support person for us during the parade! She was a great help to everyone and especially to me.
I almost went down from heat exhaustion at the end of the walk and she provided me with the much needed water and Gatorade to get me feeling better.
I seriously can't thank her enough and definitely owe her one!! Thank you so much for being such a sweet and caring person, it was my absolute pleasure to have met you!

You all looked great in the parade! I was situated near the last turn and had a good view. Being able to see most of you up close at the photoshoot was a nice treat as well. Pictures will follow next week ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back