Dual Layer Visor Mini-Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
but the original visor from the legendary pack of the helmet i dunno if it's double
they made a somekind of hole in the visor to look realistical?

ultrakiller said:
but the original visor from the legendary pack of the helmet i dunno if it's double

I'm so confused... I don't even know how to respond.

Legendary visor is opaque, you can't see through it so it can't be used in your costume helmet.

It may look realistical, but it's useless for armor making.

Last edited by a moderator:
how exactly do you get the visor to fit in the helmet.....its kinda wide and theres no way its gonna fit through with out snapping. do you guys cut off the ends to make it smaller? or just bend it in?

I just trimmed about 2" off of each side - just remember to measure twice and cut once. After that there was no problem - the visor had plenty of flex to fit in the neck opening...

Good Luck!

Sean Bradley said:
I'm so confused... I don't even know how to respond.

Legendary visor is opaque, you can't see through it so it can't be used in your costume helmet.

It may look realistical, but it's useless for armor making.
"realistical" indeed

ultrakiller said:

Overlord_Ian said:
"realistical" indeed

Fixed that for you Ian. ;)

On trimming the visor I usually cut along the seams on the either side of the visor. If you look closely at your visor you should see a vertical mold seam on the left and right side. I've always used those as cut lines... but your helmet may vary.

so i just have to cut along those lines? they look like theyre about 2 inches from the sides. oh and has anyone tried using clear plastic for the visor detail instead of another gold visor?

rachciav said:
so i just have to cut along those lines? they look like theyre about 2 inches from the sides. oh and has anyone tried using clear plastic for the visor detail instead of another gold visor?

Yes, cut along the lines if your helmet is about the same size as mine. I have no idea what helmet model you're using so I can't say for certain.

I've seen other people use a clear visor for the second layer. It works, but isn't as impressive looking in my opinion.

Sean Bradley said:
Yes, cut along the lines if your helmet is about the same size as mine. I have no idea what helmet model you're using so I can't say for certain.

I've seen other people use a clear visor for the second layer. It works, but isn't as impressive looking in my opinion.

oh yea. forgot to mention what model i was using. its FS second to last model at default scale 23 cm i think.

well since i have money restrictions im going to be using two sheets of overhead projector paper. its not very thick, but its better than nothing.

I'm so sorry I don't mean to Be a noob But Is this What I should start From or is There some other kind of Forum that's on a Lower level than this one? I'm so sorry to Be asking (potentially bugging) You guys but I'm just a bit frustrated and am Curious if You guys see this as a Beginner's tutorial. Thank You.

theres the noob forum thats a lower level than this. but anyway...i have a question. i cut off the two ends like sean said
but the visor is still too big to fit inside. i tried bending it a bit, and sliding it in at different angles but it just wont work.
i didnt want to bend it too much and snap it, or force it in a get it all scratched up. is there something im doing wrong?

Post pics. I have a feeling that your neck hole is way too small or you're attempting to put it in from the wrong angle.

And I suppose a good answer to the "I trimmed it and it's still too big'" is trim some more. Seems logical, right?

helmet.jpg

i couldnt get my camera to upload pics at the moment, so heres a crappy ms paint pic of whats happening.
ok so when i try to insert the visor it obviously wont fit until its bent, but even when its bent (as far as i think it will g with out snaping) it still wont fit. im afraid to cut off anymore cause i dont want it to be too small.

This is all super awesome and whatnot, but what would you guys consider using for the Rogue, EOD, and Hayabusa helmets? I'm thinking polarized sunglasses lenses... then glue them to the inside of the helmet... Hmmm.... Let me know what you think please (anyone, I would love to have feed back). :lol:

im getting one of these for my haloween costume...im modding my legendary helmet to wear...when it is installed, its just the mirrored look right? you cant see your eyes or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back