Props EVA foam M6C/SOCOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaiganBoi

Sr Member
I do not have much experience in prop building and armour crafting. I recently have just started.
My first Halo related prop is the Silenced Magnum from ODST. I used the templates provided by AndrewDFT of his YouTube channel. The build itself is done. Plenty of rough spots and bad cuts but, not too bad for a first attempt. Will seal and paint next. I will make another one and hopefully it turns out much better. I intend to also make an AR, BR and SMG.
IMAG0800.jpg

Looks amazing, man. Can't even notice any mistakes! I'm currently in the process of making a BR. Go check out my post if you need any ideas on how to start!

Quick update on this. I have slathered this bad boy with a couple of coats of Modgepodge to seal the foam and stiffin it up a little. Next up is a primer coat and paints. I don't know if I should paint it black and do some weathering or do some sort of custom colour scheme or even use a skin from H5.

Quick update on this. I have slathered this bad boy with a couple of coats of Modgepodge to seal the foam and stiffin it up a little. Next up is a primer coat and paints. I don't know if I should paint it black and do some weathering or do some sort of custom colour scheme or even use a skin from H5.
If you're going with black, weather it up a little! My .02c

"You can have it any color you want; as long as it's black" :D:D:D
lol, I think a H5 paintjob would be coolest. But remember, "If jumping feet-first into hell isn't your job; making sure it's crowded when you get there is." Hehehe...Remember Reach!

Last edited:
The 343 skin would probably look awesome on it. I've been using that skin on my magnum for a long time now (like probably 6 months at this point) because I really like the digi-camo look and the fact that it's a more subdued skin that isn't way over the top.

So today the weather warmed up quite a bit and I was able to go outdoors and finally work on this again. Sprayed on two coats of primer and after it dried and aired out a bit, brought it back in and started to paint. The black acrylic paint I was using was a little on the thin side. I ended up putting on three coats before I was satisfied with the blackness of the weapon. I then started going to town on weathering. The stainless steel paint that I used has a bit of a shimmer in it so it looks like there are sparkles in the weathering. lol. I may have gotten carried away in some areas so, I will have to go back over with the black to fix it. I also need to get a finer tipped brush to have some better defined lines of weathering.
IMAG0884.jpg
IMAG0885.jpg
IMAG0888.jpg

Well, I am calling it done. If I do any more painting I will ruin it. I already got carried away with the weathering and now it looks like a weapon from Fallout rather than Halo. LOL. Opinions and critiques are welcome.
IMAG0896.jpg
IMAG0892.jpg

sheesh for just starting you are doing great I started about one to two weeks ago and am still making a giant mess with hot glue...

ahhhh so this is what you want the gunmetal color for.......just remembered something......try mixing silver w/ black...........you'll have to play with it a bit. The one problem of mixing colors......if you make too little.....you can never get the same mix again so always make more than you need and if possible save some in a small container.

Yeah. I'm not happy with how I painted this and need to give it a makeover. Plus I need it gunmetal paint for my SMG and for any other weapon I make.
I am planning to do a two tone colour scheme of black and gunmetal.

Another trick comes to mind......and undercoat of black w/ a dry brushing of silver will have the same effect.....next question do you know how to dry brush?

but was that to weather it or to create the 2 tone color you want? I ask because it looks uniformly one weathered color....or it could just be the pic not showing the 2 tones clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back