FFA series number 10 : M45 Shotgun

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaween

Hi all,

I had this one on my HD for ages, in fact it was about the first model I adapted for print (for results, look at Pernicious Duke's posting, he's the owner of the gun, in the "what to expect from 3D print" topic he so kindly created). It was originally created by Martin Lee Ball several years ago and I found it on a 3Dmax forum. All kudos for creating the extraordinary smooth version of this brutal shotgun go to him !

After some tinkering with it, I adapted it for 3D printing in the summer of 2016. However it turned out the design had a couple of issues in terms of strength and assembly, so I never released it.

I've done a rework on it now : the gun is presliced (reslice at your own discression using Netfabb or whatever), the holes to insert rods to make sure the gun becomes one rigid, strong piece are already there, and the "weak spots" have been strengthened (like the flashlight mount which is really pretty weak in the original design). I also made the top cap removable as I my reservations regarding the longlivity of that hook on top. :D

I also added a little touch in hollowing out the tac light, and using a 2cm diameter small 2watt Led flashlight to make it all look a bit more real if you wish for that. Also, I added the bottom grip as a seperate part : you either glue it in place, or you can start tinkering there using a slide mechanism to create a pump action type of prop.

As always, have fun, use it to you own discression.

Download link : m45 sliced.rar

The Flashlight action can be seen here :

https://video-bru2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...ab094d0cef968b2959ac2ab20d84&oe=5888DB5C&dl=1

Remember that if you'd rescale the parts, you'll need a different sized flashlight and internal rods (they are currently made to accept 12,7mm and 6,3mm rods approx, so 1/2 and 1/4 inch to you guys I'd suppose :D )

full gun presliced.png

Last edited:
I have a file and printed out prop ( sadly unfinished)that had the pump action slid on maybe give a reason to finish it up

Oh, cool. I didn't see this post. You should make a thread that lists and links to all your other FFA threads.

I wanted to add that this model is scaled at a 36" length which is 82% the size of the in-game model according to Halopedia. The original size is 44.4" and is way to big for an average person to hold. I find the 36" is still a little big for me, but once I am in armor it will look size appropriate.

And here's a link to my thread mentioned in the first post.

And the link for the flashlight test that you provided doesn't work for me, it says:
URL signature expired

well, I honestly don't think that thing would be very effective in combat...I guess emile would be a little grumpier than usual.

Hey, at least the chance exists "they'll never see it coming". :D

But on a more serious note, I'm kinda surprised so much detail was preserved after the scale down and print, and I hope Chris is pleased with the result.

0.1 mm, PLA print, 195°. Slow speed. Main problem : avoiding that the model would topple.

I can't be the only one who loves tiny things!! That is so cool. I'll be able to put that shotgun in my pocket! Not that I will, but I could!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back