First build: Thom A293 based concept armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helmet is done for now! WHooo. I have to add the straps for the goggle/forehead piece and attach it, but other than that it is done. I was actually really surprised, it fits quite well and is about the right size, but is also the same size to another helmet I have which is too big. That's why I was worried cause I was building it and it was seaming to be the same scale, but hey, guess it worked out.
Picture%20129_zpsk2z4ihqz.jpg

Picture%20130_zpschujr7po.jpg

Picture%20131_zpshfz8mr38.jpg

Picture%20132_zpswk8muhtl.jpg

And here is the side by side size comparison with my first builds fiberglass helmet (yes its a warlock from destiny):
Picture%20133_zpsmvzwjusn.jpg

Now on to some simple parts like the shoulders and knees! Tackle those and then do the cod and boots.

For the reach AR, have you seen the OBJ file for it in the archives? It's fantastically detailed if you're lacking in references.
And great progress, your models and armour are looking great!

For the reach AR, have you seen the OBJ file for it in the archives? It's fantastically detailed if you're lacking in references.
And great progress, your models and armour are looking great!
Thanks man! I have not seen the file, it would be great to get my hands on it if I could. I haven't done much progress on the LMG since last update with it, but once I get the armor built out, I'll make the LMG before I seal and paint it all.

Damn the helmet looks good! When it comes to helmets foam isn't my friend. What do you plan on using for the visor?

Damn the helmet looks good! When it comes to helmets foam isn't my friend. What do you plan on using for the visor?
Truly, I have no idea what I will use. I'm thinking of going for a cheep flexible plastic and I have heavy car tint that I will put over it. I also have a nicer plastic I can heat up and bend to the right shape, but it might be to difficult to get just right.

Finished the Knee pieces and have both shoulders cut out, I just got to put them together. Also have been working on the M73 a bit with the halo reach rifle model. I still got a ways to go but I changed the scale of some things and worked mainly on the front. I still got to do a re build of the middle and rear, but so far here is what I got. Just to point out I am not using the box mag, I just have that so I can get scaling right and all.
lmg%20angled%20new_zps7ssb7rhh.jpg

He is the conqueror of all! man, this is really great stuff!

is the M73 3D printable? could you talk to kaween to make it part of the FFA?

He is the conqueror of all! man, this is really great stuff!

is the M73 3D printable? could you talk to kaween to make it part of the FFA?

What's the FFA? Yeah its probably 3D printable, if when it is done its not then shoot, I will even make it 3d printable. Maybe I could even get a quote on how much something like this would cost:D??

What's the FFA? Yeah its probably 3D printable, if when it is done its not then shoot, I will even make it 3d printable. Maybe I could even get a quote on how much something like this would cost:D??
The FFA is a thing that kaween and mblackwell have been doing recently, where they give free 3d models to the community. It's pretty neat, and your m73 would probably fit right in there.

don't forget CarterBuilder12, StayFrosty! but yes, the FFA series is free 3D printable 3D models hub to get our community really good 3D models. check out our stuff sometime In the 3D modeling sub-forum, guys!
here's a link to one of mine: HERE notice, the ones that say coalminer series are my models.

don't forget CarterBuilder12, StayFrosty! but yes, the FFA series is free 3D printable 3D models hub to get our community really good 3D models. check out our stuff sometime In the 3D modeling sub-forum, guys!
here's a link to one of mine: HERE notice, the ones that say coalminer series are my models.
Ahhhh yeah I forgot about him! He was in one the more recent ones right?

no, he hasn't posted anything recently, but he's the guy who has the big projects. I usually do smaller projects.

back on topic, frosty. :D

Last edited:
What's the FFA?

It is a group of great guys who make high quality print ready models "free for all" and I think they would be proud to welcome you into the ranks. kaween can weigh in. But in the meantime, in the search bar on the 405th type in "FFA" and check the box to search "titles only" and you will see what they have done / are doing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back