First Foam Build Halo 3 Mark VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's a test fit for me. I need to for sure do strapping, since just walking around twisted my thigh pieces around. I'll be putting the bicep pieces together since they don't look so great spread apart at the shoulder/bicep part. I'll also be moving the hip/crotch plate down a little lower since it looks funky there!
NBhw7h.jpg

mhjqAW.jpg

UWS8kF.jpg

Nice! looks really good! Now, you need to hurry! get it painted! :D
Where did you get the plasma pistol?

mblackwell1002 I actually can't remember where I got it... When I was in high school my parents bought me some laser tag plasma pistols. They light up and make sounds and everything. That was probably around ten years ago now... Hahah!

Great job Redheadwolf, Fantastic!! Don't worry about having man calves......you'er a woman.......you'er not so posed to have those.....Unless you want to be a pro body builder.....in that case I feel bad for you....;)

Dirt, Have I ever told you that you are one weird dude? Most other people have already done the honors of calling me weird, so you can be relieved of that duty.

But, yeah...calves...Don't need em'......This is a weird discussion...

Wow, looks great!

I am always so excited to see another Mark VI foam build and you are doing a great job!

I also had to modify my thighs, although I did it just recently. You were very smart to do it now.
The leg pieces fit perfectly and now make me want to go back and fix mine again!

My only critique would be that your bicep pieces look a little small but it may just be how they are sitting, hard to tell from the photos.

The chest piece is really, really good. I can't even see where you have attached it together.

Fantastic work.

Dirt, Have I ever told you that you are one weird dude? Most other people have already done the honors of calling me weird, so you can be relieved of that duty.

But, yeah...calves...Don't need em'......This is a weird discussion...

Never said she didn't need calves.....she just doesn't need men's size calves.....And I prefer to be thought of as ......strange, not weird. And you could at least give the girl a Papeesheewoosh, before tearing in to me :p.

Redheadwolf you'll have to pardon mblackwell1002, he has a knack of running off on tangents.

******Thread Re-railment powers "ACTIVATE"********

The suit looks FANTASTIC!!! Great job. Looking forward to the finished product. And as far as the old blaster is concerned.....last year at NYCC, my son was toting around a 4 year old modified toy gun that was sitting in the closet....If it works, it works. Don't worry about those small details. You're doing great.

Jme I totally agree about the biceps. I made them pretty small. I don't have time before this con to rework them, but I'll certainly do it in the future!

mblackwell1002 Dirtdives LOL well I actually am working on weight lifting coincidentally, but I don't need monster calves! :p

And about that plasma pistol, I'd love to make my own but I ran out of time, I probably will end up bringing it with, since every Spartan should have a weapon!

yeah, every Spartan needs a weapon, but unfortunately not all of us have one. :(
Next year I'll have a sweet MA5D, though! Haha!

Thread de-railer Blackwell out! :ninja:
*Papeesheewosh!* *Wachow*
*kaploohee!*

yeah, every Spartan needs a weapon, but unfortunately not all of us have one. :(
Next year I'll have a sweet MA5D, though! Haha!

Thread de-railer Blackwell out! :ninja:
*Papeesheewosh!* *Wachow*
*kaploohee!*
At least you have a suit. All I have are weapons.
I really need to stop procrastinating and start on one.

Good plan.

It's going to look great.

Have you started the helmet?

And are you going to use plungers to attach the boot parts together? Or is there another plan?

Good plan.

It's going to look great.

Have you started the helmet?
I have started the helmet! I spent about six hours on it today and only got this far:
82ua1u.jpg

Tue8XC.jpg

I did, however, get to plastidipping and painting my forearms and boots! I'm literally just gonna glue the parts to some shoes I bought at a thrift store. Since it will be the most comfortable way!

I'm literally just gonna glue the parts to some shoes I bought at a thrift store. Since it will be the most comfortable way!

I did the same thing (well I used my old Tae Kwon Do shoes). If it feels too loose you can spray expanding foam in the gaps. People often buy an industrial plunger like this

IMG_2371.JPG

And cut pieces to use for the gap between the front and back of the boot.

Helmet is looking good. I found the helmet to be really tricky (and had to make it twice)

Jme oh!!! That's really great idea. I'll see if my work has any of those types of plungers when I'm off.

I hope the helmet fits and I'm not a bobble head. It's only a little bigger than the Legendary helmet so I think it should be fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back