First foam cosplay

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had that problem with my Mk V pepakura helmet... I had to cut some parts to let my head pass, and i still had big difficulties to pass it, removing the helmet was a pain...

It is normal that you have to cut some bottom parts of the helmet to slide it in and out comfortably.

The most important is for it to fit when you have it on. :)
To not be too small or too big.

Thanks Commander ! I rescaled the helmet at 6.8 approximately by considering the useless parts around the hole for the head. I think it's gonna look better and not like a bobble head :)

Thanks Commander ! I rescaled the helmet at 6.8 approximately by considering the useless parts around the hole for the head. I think it's gonna look better and not like a bobble head :)

You're very welcome and good luck.

I started building the torso yesterday, here's how it looks so far. torse ph.jpg

So this was free hand? I ask only because the templates I'm using are in the archives for foam.....but it's not looking like it should where as yours.......looking very much like the way it should.

Looking pretty sharp so far! very good work. I genuinely believe with enough practice anything can be made with EVA foam XD

Hi everyone ! Thanks for your comments and sorry for replying late because I forgot to turn on notifications... Dirtdives: It's the torso in the file archive indeed but I changed some of the parts to make it more like the reference from Halo 5 and I free handed all the details.
Shiroppi: Yes I'm using hot glue.

I'm nearly done with the torso, here it is ! :)torse 1.jpgpropulseurs.jpgtorse 2.jpg

Looking good so far! Once you've got it more or less assembled, you can take some paintable caulk to try and blend some of the seams together to make it look cleaner. You can also try hitting the hot glue with ah eat gun to try and melt some of the beads, but that's a tricky thing to do without accidentally breaking open the entire seam again. :p

Can't wait to see it finished!

Thanks !! I think i'm gonna use a dremel to make the hot glue marks disappear. But i'm gonna "clean" all the armor parts at the same time before adding the wood glue on these, thank you for your advice Trooper. :)

Helpful tip on using the Dremel: Light soft touch, run the sander along the seam in the direction of the rotation. If you go against it, the head has a tenancy of catching and digging in to the piece. Don't cut across the seam. that will dimple the side and you really want to focus on the seam. It will leave that area a bit rough looking but once you have removed the excess material, you can sand down the area by hand and it will come out nice and smooth.

Looks amazing for a first build! Great work. As for a dremel and hot glue i have tried this and havent had much success. The hot glue instantly adheres to the bit clogging it and rendering it useless. Thats just my experience but maybe im doing it wrong tho im a still a novice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back