Halo 4/5 master chief armor high poly 3d printeble for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what causing this, but it's not the model because I and other have printed this without problem. I think it may be a slicer problem, I would recommend that you put the part in the slicer again and make sure that all layers are in the layer preview, then make a new gcode file of that.

I find it okey to discuss problems here about printing my model, then i can get an overview if there is a problem with the model it self. :)
Its not a problem with your model i took a look and the printer power supply burned and the smell.is horrible hahaha

Envoyé de mon SM-G530W en utilisant Tapatalk

Hey, thought I'd post a pic someone took of me at comiccon with your new helmet!

4tkZL3g.jpg

I'm still working (slowly) on a better visor- almost there!
8MX8bHp.jpg

I've also got a tiny lcd in it connected to an arduino that I can control with buttons on my finger. I can select a bunch of different voice prompts and play them.
I'm moving some of the stuff to the chest armor so I don't have any good pics of it but can post a vid later this mo

Hey, thought I'd post a pic someone took of me at comiccon with your new helmet!

View attachment 33573

I'm still working (slowly) on a better visor- almost there!
View attachment 33574

I've also got a tiny lcd in it connected to an arduino that I can control with buttons on my finger. I can select a bunch of different voice prompts and play them.
I'm moving some of the stuff to the chest armor so I don't have any good pics of it but can post a vid later this mo

looks amazing!! great work :) looking forward to see more ;)

I want to thank you for these files. I just finished printing the available helmet that was on Thingiverse and was looking for a visor when I came across your post. I will be printing your files very soon. I would like to use the included visor file to make a Buck for vacuum forming. Have you considered or would you be willing to consider 3d modeling your visor into a workable buck?(such as http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:413450) Also is there any way to buy you a beer or 12?

I want to thank you for these files. I just finished printing the available helmet that was on Thingiverse and was looking for a visor when I came across your post. I will be printing your files very soon. I would like to use the included visor file to make a Buck for vacuum forming. Have you considered or would you be willing to consider 3d modeling your visor into a workable buck?(such as http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:413450) Also is there any way to buy you a beer or 12?

Haha :) i'm probably to far way for you to buy me a beer ;) I will consider doing that. I don't have any time right now, but sometime in the near future maybe. ;)

What i did for the visor was that i bought a cheap masterchief helmet at a party store for 50$ and i removed the visor and threw the helmet in garbage and i use epoxy to put it on the 3d printed helmet ☺ its less expensive than vacuum forming the visor and it as the same details level :)
4fb99adbe2d105a5f00fc25e62a677e9.jpg

Attachments

• 4fb99adbe2d105a5f00fc25e62a677e9.jpg
    4fb99adbe2d105a5f00fc25e62a677e9.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 264
What i did for the visor was that i bought a cheap masterchief helmet at a party store for 50$ and i removed the visor and threw the helmet in garbage and i use epoxy to put it on the 3d printed helmet ☺ its less expensive than vacuum forming the visor and it as the same details level :) http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161129/4fb99adbe2d105a5f00fc25e62a677e9.jpg

I was thing about doing the same, but how is the fit?

I was thing about doing the same, but how is the fit?
It was fitting perfectly on mine but if it the visor is too big you might be able to cut some plastic on the border of the visor but if the helmet is too big and im really not sure it is possible since the helmet it was on was really big haha then you dont have the choice to vacuum form hahah the only thing i might do to the visor is to buy some hex patern sticker and airbrush some chrome over it then remove it so i have the hex patern :) by the way the result of your files is stunning [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] the final helmet isnt printed of your files but it is a cast made with smoothcast of your helmet that i made with a mold of your helmet since im known to.break things often haha if i break this piece of art i cast another one in my mol and paint it i learned that when i fell downstair after getting my leg stuck on my dog that i didnt saw haha with my foam iron man cosplay and my fiberglass helmet have been destroyed and i had to pep another one since i havent got any mold of the helmet and it wasnt fun hahaha good news the foam armor after very small touch up was looking brand new

It was fitting perfectly on mine but if it the visor is too big you might be able to cut some plastic on the border of the visor but if the helmet is too big and im really not sure it is possible since the helmet it was on was really big haha then you dont have the choice to vacuum form hahah the only thing i might do to the visor is to buy some hex patern sticker and airbrush some chrome over it then remove it so i have the hex patern :) by the way the result of your files is stunning [emoji122] [emoji122] [emoji122] the final helmet isnt printed of your files but it is a cast made with smoothcast of your helmet that i made with a mold of your helmet since im known to.break things often haha if i break this piece of art i cast another one in my mol and paint it i learned that when i fell downstair after getting my leg stuck on my dog that i didnt saw haha with my foam iron man cosplay and my fiberglass helmet have been destroyed and i had to pep another one since i havent got any mold of the helmet and it wasnt fun hahaha good news the foam armor after very small touch up was looking brand new

Good to hear :) would love to see a image of the helmet. ;)

Haha, yeah then it's smart to have an easy way to replace the broken one with. :thumbsup

Well, you can do that, but thing is : the mirroring on the inside of the visor is EXTREMELY fragile. One nik and it's damaged. It's (I think) done by a very thin layer of silver spray paint on the inside of the Disguise helmet. Even a waterdrop can ruin it (.... own experience). And ... this is pure personal of course, but tossing a Disguise helmet feels sad. I've seen a lot of self-made helmet that don't come close to the quality-as-a-prop compared to the Disguise. It feels like dumping your new car after removing the wheels to use on your other car, just because you liked those factory rims so much. :D

But yeah, I understand the issue. I'm looking into building a vacuum former myself now just (well, not JUST, but mainly) for the creation of the visors.
I -again pure personal opinion- would rather add some extra cash to those 50USD and give building a vacuum former a spin.

I applaud your original solution, yet I feel kinda sad about it. Also, and this is -again- pure personal : the visor of the Disguise is good, but not flawless. On every Disguise visor there are 2 distinct "bulges" , roughly midway the visor height and one each side of the "indented structure". I would NOT consider paying 50USD for a non-perfect visor, personally.

Feel free to disagree. :)

yeah, well I think that was their attempt at making the little indents on the visor (however disappointing)

there would be no way that I would throw away the disguise helmet:unsure...
unless I had a larger printer and could print a helmet in like one or two pieces, so that I don't have to cover up glue seams

until then, I will keep my trusty disguise in all of it's slightly warped glory:)

20161206_140917.jpg

Done with the Chest! I scaled it down to about 90 % of the original size to fit me. I altered the original version concerning thickness to make it easier to print. I found that in some places the original was very thick and in other places barely printable. Model orientation was an issue for me as well. I don't like to rely on support material. So I changed it.

Here is what it looks like from behind:

20161206_143346.jpg

It's hollow with a 4mm wall thickness which I find to be the perfect thickness on my Ultimaker2. If there are people interested in the altered version, let me know.

View attachment 34191

Done with the Chest! I scaled it down to about 90 % of the original size to fit me. I altered the original version concerning thickness to make it easier to print. I found that in some places the original was very thick and in other places barely printable. Model orientation was an issue for me as well. I don't like to rely on support material. So I changed it.

Here is what it looks like from behind:

View attachment 34192

It's hollow with a 4mm wall thickness which I find to be the perfect thickness on my Ultimaker2. If there are people interested in the altered version, let me know.

looks good! looking forward to see more. :) i will have an update soon on the printing side of this project myself! :D

Good work! The parts are well distributed and the thicknesses are good, this is what I miss to continue my impression. Would you share your prepared files?

...and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good work! The parts are well distributed and the thicknesses are good, this is what I miss to continue my impression. Would you share your prepared files?

...and sorry for my bad english.

Thanks :) i will not release the cut up files because of what will fit me will very likely not fit you.

Last edited by a moderator:
So time for the update!

so me and my friends have finished printing both feet and the left shin (missing the top side covers and knee cover) :)
I only have pics of the shin for now:
20161227_220527.jpg 20161227_220556.jpg

Thats all for now. I will have pics of the feet sometime in the first or second week of 2017. ;) I will hopefully have more frequent updates as i have now 7 new rolles of plastic to use. :D

Until next time ;)

The parts look like PLA prints at first glance. Is that a correct presumption ? If so, it would be nice to see how you're pitching the afterwork of those parts later on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back