Hell Jumper Foam Armor (Spartan Buck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I gotta agree with Gralt, if you can get a 1mm jumpsuit your chances of passing out will be much shorter. Especially if you can find one that looks like the picture, put some craft foam on it like you said and that'll look pretty darn epic! and wait to go guys on finnaly getting that forearm right! I know it's been a bit of a thorn in your side for the past few days but I gotta say it looks really good, same goes for those shoulders, SO GOOD! :thumbsup

It might bond, but I think the issue will be the stretch factor since wetsuits are quite taught when worn. :)

As long as it bonds, the comfort factor isn't a big concern for me. I'll shall endure and make the sacrifice lol. My wife can already hear me complaining after a convention about the restrictiveness of the suit....

So manage to sit down and draw up secondary templates for the forearm last night and adhere them to the base, So many templates!!!
photo 2 (1).JPG

I used 3M adhesive spray this time because I finally had a box a could spray it in without turning the whole workshop into a damn adhesive... Anyways some of the templates fell a little short so I had to stretch which the 3M adhesive actually helped significantly almost as good as contact cement, and some where to big so I had to do a majority of dremeling last night. Hoping to have the other one done tonight, along with templates for the minor details because as you may notice it may look a little incomplete. I still need to make the hinges that run around just above the wrist along with some clips, I think I might use nylon strap for that one strap and buckle that sit on the front of the forearm but we'll see how far I get tonight with the rest of those things.
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPGphoto 3 (1).JPG

Fits like a glove.
photo 4.JPGphoto 5.JPG

Also I wanted to show you guys how I went about making the rounded area for the elbow piece that is attached. I asked Gralt for some advise cause his looked pretty damn good, anyways I made one slit instead of 5 like the template on the file and gave it a good heat treatment. But I also made some under beveled cuts to insure that it would retain its shape, which seemed to work very well so here is the pattern of cuts a made to get the shape.
photo 1 (1).JPG

That's all for now, hope to have the arms and shoulders complete by Christmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is looking great man. keep it up!

also, i did the whole 3mm wetsuit route for my ODST, it was awful but tolerable. even in san diego summer weather. it's definitely gross, sweaty and disgusting but worth it. if you're attaching your suit to the wetsuit, i'd make sure it's waterproof so you can hose it out later so it doesn't get too gross after a long day of fighting covenant ;)

this is looking great man. keep it up!

also, i did the whole 3mm wetsuit route for my ODST, it was awful but tolerable. even in san diego summer weather. it's definitely gross, sweaty and disgusting but worth it. if you're attaching your suit to the wetsuit, i'd make sure it's waterproof so you can hose it out later so it doesn't get too gross after a long day of fighting covenant ;)

I totally forgot to compensate for the hygiene factor ugghhhhh, well back to the drawing board unless they make a flexible waterproof acrylic paint in gun metal grey then I'll have to think of something else. Perhaps sewn on Velcro attachments?... I wish I could sew :cry

Finished off the details, Now its time to finish off the other arm... Thinking about doing a bicep piece for this as well, any thoughts?
photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

Also I am aware there is a strap and clip on that forearm plan on gluing them after the paint job.

I'd say go for making a bicep piece, I'm fairly sure there is one from pictures I've seen of the armour and I think it would add a nice bit of bulk and detail. Forearms look AMAZING, the detail just adds so much to the suit it's unbelievable.

Hey, Blake!
Look Here!
McF-Spartan-Buck-close-up-torso-600x366.jpg

Buck's got a 'tube' for lack of better word, in the back of the torso, kind of connects all the pieces together.

you can clearly see this connector in some of the H5 cutscenes. it's kind of ring-shaped, and has a sort-of crosshatched metal wiring on it.
I figured I'd let you know before you get too far ahead.

I know, your build looks GREAT right now, but you MAY want to add this. it IS fairly noticeable without it.

Anyhow, great job!

Hey, Blake!
Look Here!
View attachment 34397

Buck's got a 'tube' for lack of better word, in the back of the torso, kind of connects all the pieces together.

you can clearly see this connector in some of the H5 cutscenes. it's kind of ring-shaped, and has a sort-of crosshatched metal wiring on it.
I figured I'd let you know before you get too far ahead.

I know, your build looks GREAT right now, but you MAY want to add this. it IS fairly noticeable without it.

Anyhow, great job!

Yeah Gralt has been re-working the model and I think he fixed that part up I have to check in again but yes lots to still do at the back of the neck and that interior tubing part. Plan on using 6mm craft foam for those little notches in the tubing, thanks for the heads up brother!:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
looking great still blake. the detail and focus are paying off amazingly. you are gunna have one sick armor when done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back