Hell Jumper Foam Armor (Spartan Buck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time! So I finally was able to complete one of the shins, still have to work on the other one. But now that I have a general idea of assembly and where pieces go the other ones should be easier. I was actually hoping to have this done by Monday but the file is very detailed and for a shin very large 61 pieces in total which is quite a lot for a shin foam file. But Gralt did an amazing job on this file and even though it was a pain in the ass to build it stayed 100% true to the accuracy of the game model. In all honesty once I got past the sleep deprivation it was really fun to build :lol::sleep::lol::sleep:

So here is a side by side of the raw version with and without added 2mm foam details added on top.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

These last few pics are of the one shin complete with more added details and dremel work done to smooth out the edges.

photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPG
photo 4.JPG

Still need to find pouches for the right side of the right shins I already have my material to install and the straps but trying to find a surplus site with military pouches that are as accurate as possible. Anyways that's it for now folks.

Dirtdives depending on how motivated or lazy I am. I'll use a 3M adhesive spray if I'm being lazy about it. But if I really want it to stay on there I'll spread contact cement on both sides, takes awhile to brush on but it will never come off. For these I was motivated enough to break out the Contact cement...

I was afraid you were going to say that......Contact cement is great but if you make a mistake......screwed!!! And you can't heat seal as normal......Contact cement and heat don't really mix well. Another question.......How do you get the craft foam so symmetrical? Sexy as hell dude!!!

I was afraid you were going to say that......Contact cement is great but if you make a mistake......screwed!!! And you can't heat seal as normal......Contact cement and heat don't really mix well. Another question.......How do you get the craft foam so symmetrical? Sexy as hell dude!!!

Its a pain in the ass but you jus have to map it out using the original templates and then place it down in the area to see if it will fit. When applying is the hardest you juts have to be steady and patient so that it locks in to the right area and doesn't overlap anything that shouldn't. the dremel also helps if you make an error or have excess coming off the edges.

That is a nice shin man, wow.

I give you the Papeesheewoosh star!

HAHA a bunch of us we're actually talking about how mblackwell1002 has to trademark that :lol::lol::lol:

NO!! And for 50 cents too!! Do you know what that's is in Canadian money!! ITS NOT FAIR :mad:

But those shins....mmmmmmm damn fine shins......now you can finnaly rest easy now that they're done!
I mean...look at that....that's a man that has been killed by his shins for too long....
IMG_1049.PNG

NO!! And for 50 cents too!! Do you know what that's is in Canadian money!! ITS NOT FAIR :mad:

But those shins....mmmmmmm damn fine shins......now you can finnaly rest easy now that they're done!
I mean...look at that....that's a man that has been killed by his shins for too long....
View attachment 240603

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Blasted facebook and the other members of faculty from the school I work at... I swear I was just taking a coffee break in that moment hahaha:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Update:

So if you know me well enough, you'll know I hate the snow and cold and dream of moving to Florida one day where those things don't exist. But on the rare occasion where a snow storm occurs only a week before spring and hinders my day job inoperable which allows me to stay home and work on Buck ;):D.

So I was finally able to sit down with those shoulders and finish off the details. I was hoping to actually get a little keychain for the piece that's sits on the back of the lower shoulder, but couldn't find anything and just ended up making it out of foam.
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

Also sat down with the Knee pads and went a little crazy I didn't do it exactly how you set it up Gralt I kinda went all pepakura on it and tried to get those details that are on the back and are not really seen.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I also did some test fitting with my old under suit which I will not be using just wanted to see the placement of everything. Anyways things fit nicely but I need to figure out a way to secure them so them stay in position. I took pics of the front side and back, but the front ones didn't come out so well also that cod pice does not hang low enough so I will definitely be redoing it.
photo 3 (2).JPG
photo 4 (2).JPG

Oh, and one last thing...you need a haircut! you've got hair all over the place, as best I can tell! You should DEFINITELY do the Buck Haircut. that would be amazing! *Hysterical laugh*

And go clean-shaven for once...;)

:love::love::love:
My head just exploded......to......much.......detail...............(Insert large explosion sound)......KABOOM!!!!!!.......Oh crud......dam snow muffled my explosion........Armor looks FANTASTIC!!!

HAHA thanks for the explosion bro, and yes that snow killed me last week ugghhhhh still killing me because some is still on the ground out here....

Pa.Peesh.EE.Woooosh! Daaang, man! that looks crazy amazing! or....Cramazing!

Thanks Bro, Im glad I can get a few out of the trusty Mblackwell Dictionary ;)

Oh, and one last thing...you need a haircut! you've got hair all over the place, as best I can tell! You should DEFINITELY do the Buck Haircut. that would be amazing! *Hysterical laugh*

And go clean-shaven for once...;)

NEVERRRRRR!!!!! hahah eventually when I get this done I will definitely invest in a razor :whistle:

That armour....I can't...I...

tumblr_m5p8wsbe3c1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

Thanks Bro! is this from community? If so 6 seasons and a movie ;):love:!

So lately I've been stalling on this project because I am dreading the undersuit. I've been researching this and that and trying to come up with a way with limited sewing skills to get this done. So with that in mind I'm going to take sewing classes with my wife I think lol. Just another skill to put under my belt I guess.

Update: I managed to get some items done while contemplating the undersuit during long sleepless nights. Was able to finish the Boots and start with some of larger undersuit pieces that Gralt put up not to long ago still need to add detail to those. Also I remade the cod piece because that last one was just way too small (whoever said size doesn't matter obviously was not building Spartan armor...)
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPG

These undersuit pieces are located on the sides of the hip going down the thighs. Completed the templates for details just need to assemble.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

And obviously you can see the difference here just need to add the details to this as well.
photo 3.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back