Hell Jumper Foam Armor (Spartan Buck)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice! I'm jealous!

Thanks bro, but I'm the one Jealous of those obj skills you've been killing it with these files. And I am ever so grateful :D

I think some sewing skills would be invaluable in the relm of cosplay. I would like to learn as well. Hot glue or barge can only get you so far. Oh and btw cool slippers(y)

Exactly contact cement and hot glue did not work very well for my last attempt at a custom under suit, everything kind of fell apart :confused::confused::confused: Sewing is definitely a good skill to have as my wife has showed me in the past

slippers?........SI3RRA 117, that is mean.......funny as hell....but mean.

"These slippers where made for walking, and that's just what they'll do" :whistle:;)

Amazeballs! That's one heck of a difference with the cod piece, are you still redoing the chestpiece? If so...if you're selling or giving away your old one I call dibs, I want it to study your work and replicate it into my own...purely education and logical reason...

Amazeballs! That's one heck of a difference with the cod piece, are you still redoing the chestpiece? If so...if you're selling or giving away your old one I call dibs, I want it to study your work and replicate it into my own...purely education and logical reason...

I may not be redoing it if the next test fit works out. But if it doesn't well then it is yours, and I will not charge you a single penny for it on one condition, you have to share with DD after your done studying it and replicating it please pass it on to Dirt.

Papeesheewoosh! on so many levels! Holy moly, you've made me jelly of your skills!

As long as I get a Papeesheewoosh! I know I've made a decent update haha ;) Thanks bro!

Been working Non-stop trying to get as many of the more detailed undersuit pieces finish before I start on the helmet so just going to post some updates on those. Also I found some time to finish of the Cod piece with the exception of the tubing I added on the prior. I think I may use a different material because the last time it left to many seams. May just make that out of foam.

So first off here is the new Cod.
photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG

I also finally finished sketching up those details on the pieces that connect to the thigh and the pieces that sit just right above the hip.
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG
photo 5.JPG

The next piece I finished off this weekend was the Bicep, which I'm really proud off and really happy how well it came out. It adds a bit more depth into the arm which is something I was initially worried about the arms being to skinny but this bulks them up just a little. It was a combination of free hand work and using a detailed under suit file that Gralt let me have access to, thanks again bro! Anyways hope you guys like it too, let me know what you think.
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG
photo 3 (2).JPG

Anyways hoping to have to helmet done and finish some minor details on the torso and neck by this weekend and I can do a full test fit of everything. And since Nice weather is starting to peek out, I can finally start working outdoors with the Smooth- on 65D.

Last edited:
Alright ladies and gentlemen, so big update time. I busted my A$$ this weekend trying to get most of the helmet complete and after many hours and lots of phrases I'm not allowed to type on this forum I got the majority of it completed.

Just to clarify I did my own foam unfold of the Pep file from the armory so if anyone wants to do it the same way I did just shoot me a message and I'll send the file your way ;) so here is the photos of just the raw foam assembled.
photo 3 (2).JPG
photo 2 (2).JPG
photo 1 (1).JPG

Then after some more painstaking hours I configured the layout of extra parts and details to be added and applied. I know its not nearly as good as a 3d printed or casted kit, but its the next best thing for me and my wallet haha.
photo 3.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 1.JPG

There are some minor details that still need to be added but now that I have that done I can finally start finishing off the torso piece and all the extra pieces and the back near the upper spine. Also the knife need to get that done as well. Then I can finally start coating it in PVA and finally get to open up my Smooth-on 65D and start coating it to give it a nice hard sand able surface!
I also did a little test fit but all the parts kept falling with me just trying to secure them with duck tape so I did a little test fit on my mannequin just for fun. Wish I could've gotten the forearms on there...
photo 4.JPG

Also the biceps are a little low on the mannequin don't worry I will take a upper body test fit photo tonight because I guarantee they fit perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back