Help for mirage armor 3d

titou118

So i'm about to do my first halo armor wich is going to be the mirage from infinite with mark 4 helmet. This project is going to be all in 3d and i was wondering how many 3d filaments would i need to make this armor.

Thank you by advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231215-104851_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231215-104851_Chrome.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231214-222819_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231214-222819_Chrome.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 31
I've only printed my shoulders for mine and I've gone through like... 2 or so kilograms of PLA. But I've also not really kept track of how much I've actually used. I have about 6 or so spools that I would swap out every other print because they are not whole spools and I just ended up using them for smaller bits.

It also wildly depends on the settings and how thick your walls are and infill. Depending on the nozzle size the wall count should change. I would recommend 3 walls for .4 and 2 walls for .6.

So i'm about to do my first halo armor wich is going to be the mirage from infinite with mark 4 helmet. This project is going to be all in 3d and i was wondering how many 3d filaments would i need to make this armor.

Thank you by advance
So far with one set of shin and boot pieces and on arm done for Mirage I've used almost 2 kilos of filament. The chest is looking like 3 from the slice estimates. I think SpartanSweed hit a pretty good estimation with 8-10 rolls on a perfect print out with no issues. If you are printing big pieces at at time, like thighs or chest parts in one piece, you can easily lose several hundred grams on a print. This being your first go I'd be looking a bit higher at like 11 to 13 rolls.

PioneerMan also brings up a good point about print settings, wall and infill settings are important in this estimation. For armor I'll typical use 3 or 4 walls, depending on where the armor is, with a .2 nozzle and run from 15 to 20% infill. Above 20% infill you should just add another wall and bump the infill back down to a lower setting.

I'm not sure how new to 3d printing you are but, if you are trying to budget out your suit I'd make sure to leave some space in the budget for replacement printer parts.

Best of luck to you! If you have any other questions feel free to ask and I can't wait to see how your suit turns out!

This thread is more than 3 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back