Soft Parts high res Halo 5 undersuit files Pepakura/3d printing

Status
Not open for further replies.
The secret is to use MeshMixer to reduce the polygons 50% at a time, if this is not good for you you can try again and reduce another 50%.

Here is a tutorial I made (Spanish): Min: 1:31

Guys, since the pep-version may take a while longer... i released the files in the first post. It's a link to my dropbox. Feel free to convert them to Pepakura if you like. Share your prints, ask your questions, go ahead and do the Community-thing :p

It's a Jedi mind trick! Just try to get the polys down. I can get cracking on some Unfolds tonight.
Ohhh, OK. makes enough sense. ;) I wasn't aware of Dirtsen being a jedi...I think he's some sith apprentice actually...:lol:

I'll see about knocking down the poly count. May take a while in order to get a useable result, though, SavedbyGraceG12. Patience, my friend. ;)

A Sith? Maybe... I've always considered myself as some kind of Grey Jedi... you know... somewhere in between :p
The difference is the proportions of the parts. Due to his/her augmentation and genetic engineering Spartans have a superhuman body structure.... blabla... you get the point. Check both of them out and use whatever version fits your body type. I'll go with the normal one :D

same. SBG might have to go with the Spartan one...Intimidating...eugh...kidding, I would never give SBG so much credit! ;)

I checked them both out, and they look extremely similar. Did you accidentally upload the same one twice?

Oh wait, the thighs of the regular human one are moved up, the ab is slimmer, the arms are shorter...etc...sorry...
I see the difference now...

Hell Yeah, started working on the files.

However, i have a question... what's the difference between the "human" and the "spartan" version?
ptEjbSZ.jpg)

Hey guys. Great work. I was worried that my files had been ripped off, so I did some wireframe renders. Had to modify the layouts a bit. They're huge renders, so you can zoom in on details.

Comparison of Halo undersuit models: Vrogy & Hefley-Sarkar

If it's still in NURBS, probably need to crank the subdivision to save folks some sanding.
Something like a 3° arc linearization tolerance and minimum .1mm edge length should be good for most FDM printers.

New I tried with 3 programs reducin polygons, but all of them ended destroying the model. I'm researching on "Retropology" that will allow me to draw over the model with low polygons or just the polygons we need. This will take longer.

just checked out your cod foam unfold. I definitely think it can work. Might I suggest that someone else to have a look at them, someone with experience using foam templates.

Also, I imported both obj. files that you had. I don't think you exported them right, or something weird happened. Files aren't showing up visible in Blender. Another thing to make notice of is that the obj files or in KB. Pretty sure that they should be in MB, at least for an obj. file.

Last edited:
Good to see somebody working on this. The unfold looks good to me. I'll try this one out next week.
Meanwhile I am experimenting with making 3d printable brush-in molds for rubberlike material. I also experimented with textile embossing. I am quite pleased with the outcome.
It is quite easy. I 3d printed an embossing stencil (a small one just for testing). I attached some old cloth to 5mm craft foam with some hotmelt film. I put a vinyl film on top of that and used my textile-press to bond the 3 parts together. After that I turned the whole thing around, put it on the embossing stencil and used the textile-press to apply an even pressure. You can see the result here.
20170326_140041.jpg

And even after removing the cloth from the foam, it holds the shape. Theoretically you can sew it on top of a base suit like that.

20170326_140151.jpg

The Hex pattern was just a test. The Undersuit has various parts beside our soft parts where this technique could come in handy.

Last edited:
Nice work!, my only concert is the mobility, we will try painting (painfully slow I know) the hex pattern on fabric and over the person itself, I will show you some pictures of the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back