Props I need a weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentflorida

Jr Member
As the title says it, I need a weapon, I was in the middle of 3d printing a magnum when the plate got a dip/ dent which broke the glass on the platform of the printer. I never finished the printing so anyone suggest anything I can do like make a weapon without 3d printing? Something cheap but pretty high or good in quality.

I do have a Halo 4 or 5 boomco magnum, but I am not permited to make changes to it. And Eva foam is thick and usually for armor right?
I feel that it would be too thick, but I do have some, how do I put this..., Eva foam that is very thin and soft that many people recommended using it for extra parts of armors or soft parts. do you think that could work?

Since you have the BoomCo Magnum you are at least temporarily good to go.
EVA is not restricted to just armour. If you have the skills and tools you could almost make anything with foam. The magnum and SMG that I have made are built with various thicknesses of EVA and craft foam.

Hrmm..the thin foam stuff does not work very well for weapons without a firm base. Yes, EVA foam works, but if I remember correctly, you don't have access to thicker 1/2in foam in your area. sooo...go to Hobby Lobby and get some of the thickest foam sheets you can find. What I found was a brand called "Silly Winks". Yeah, it's a super dumb name, but you can find their foam in a bunch of sizes. I buy almost all of the thicknesses and cut the sheets into shapes and layer them and get a detailed part.

I would suggest checking out PaiganBoi's awesome foam SMG build to get an idea of what this method looks like.

If you wanna foot the bill for one or two filament reels (30 bucks a pop) i could crank out the pieces you have left on your print on my Robo3D within the week and ship em out to you for fairly cheap.

The 3d printer is broken, not empty CPO Mendez, ironically I was using the files you provided in pieces.

he means he would print it for you. Overall, you would be paying similar price. what are you printing?
Check out the FFA series, there's lots of really high resolution files that look smoother and more detailed than the in-game files. Kaween did a magnum recently, and he detailed it a TON, plus it's a high-poly model.

I have had awesome luck with my foam weapons, and they hold up quite well.

Agreed. I toss my MDF BR around and I have literally thrown my EVA M6C across a room on multiple occasions with no damage to speak of. I don't think I'd do that with anything I've printed out of worry for snapping a piece at a part join.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back