I Quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernobyl

Sr Member
Title pretty much says it all. I won't be posting new files, and I've already expressed my desire to have all of my existing assets removed from the Archive.

The forum move has been an example in absolute stupidity from the start, and while you, the standard member, may not be aware of what happens at Staff level, let me tell you that it's not been pretty. And I'm tired of it. I'm tired of being treated like a commodity by the people that own and manage this site, and I'm tired of being expected to simply sit by and endure it.

If I don't get banned for this, I'll still try to be an active community member - but I will no longer be posting files to the 405th and I won't be helping with file questions. Art Andrews has made it expressly clear that I won't be working as Archive manager in any capacity going forwards, and that my responsibilities have been passed to other people - therefore, I'm playing by his rules.

If I'm not wanted, then nor is my input.

It's been a fun seven or so years, people. Thanks for being what keeps me coming back here - but, unfortunately, the site management is what's pushing me out, here, and I'm tired of being treated as though I'm simply a commodity.

I'm out.

To be clear, are you simply stepping down from your Regiment position or are you requesting your account be terminated completely?

Upvote 0
To be clear, are you simply stepping down from your Regiment position or are you requesting your account be terminated completely?

Stepping down completely. I will, with immediate effect, be having nothing to do with the running of the site - Regimental, Archive, or otherwise. I'm also requesting that my rights as a content contributor be respected, and that my files are removed from both the current Archive platform, and also not uploaded to the new one. I will be personally managing my own assets from this point on, until such time as my confidence in both you, and the 405th as a brand, are restored.

I shan't blow the lid on how I feel about this, since if I did I'd probably end up having to bypass the profanity filter. Suffice it to say that I am beyond angry, hurt, and upset at the way things have gone and how you've found it acceptable and excusable to treat the Staff who run your site as expendable employees. We volunteer to run this site for you, and while volunteering tends to be under the expectation of working for free, certain conditions should always be met to ensure that the work we do as volunteers is both easy and pleasant. I'm sorry to say that, for the longest time now, working with you as a Staff member has felt less like a hobby and more of a chore - and, with my real-life responsibilities mounting, it's a chore I simply cannot endure any longer. The past four weeks have shown me how little you value the time I've put into the site for this community (so little, in fact, that you've quietly handed over my responsibilities to others at the first sign of my disagreeing with you), and therefore I shan't be offering up any more of my time as a contributing Staff member.

Again - I'm sorry that it's had to come to this, and I'm sorry that I've had to take the steps of requesting the removal of my content from the 405th. But, until things get better and I feel as though my work is appreciated by you, I refuse to allow my content to act as a traffic pull.

Upvote 0
You're really going to steal her work and hold it hostage? That's pretty low Art.

Upvote 0
You are making that claim. By the way Cherry described it and your responses just now it is also very clear that it is your fault she is leaving and you are doing nothing to prevent it. Therefor, not only are you stating that everything she has done is yours, but she is not worth the effort to keep. I can speak for many of us on this site that she is worth fighting for. I have already received private messages saying, "Sad day, have you seen Chernobyl is quiting?" And that is on you.

Upvote 0
No one is making that claim.

They're my files. I put them up, which means I'd expect you to respect my rights as a content contributor and take them down if I requested so. You don't get to choose here - you have a right and a responsibility to honour the rights of any content provider if they so ask it. Whether you're looking out for the community or not is irrelevant.

I already mentioned that I would be making these files available through private hosting. I do not intend to deny anybody my assets - simply that they won't be available on the 405th.

So. Take. Them. Down.

Upvote 0
I'm very sorry for to hear this, and wish members had treated the staff in a more respectable manner to avoid a situation like this. Alas we all grow and move on in our own ways, I never had the chance to work with you Chernobyl but I've seen your posts and how very helpful you where to members and staff alike and from the bottom of my heart appreciate everything you have done for this forum and its members. You will be greatly missed. The 405th has become like a second family to me, and I hope I'm not over stepping bounds as a 2nd year member here, But it saddens me greatly to see a staff member such as yourself go. We all have our reasons for moving on and I wish you the best of luck in whatever creative and building projects you find yourself doing in the future.

Warmest Regards,

Blake L.

Upvote 0
You are making that claim.

I am not claiming ownership of that data. It may feel like a technicality, but please carefully read the section linked above.

By the way Cherry described it and your responses just now it is also very clear that it is your fault she is leaving and you are doing nothing to prevent it.

I can certainly see how it would appear that way with what has been posted publicly, and it is likely to remain that way because I am simply not willing to drag dirty laundry into the public eye.

Therefor, not only are you stating that everything she has done is yours, but she is not worth the effort to keep. I can speak for many of us on this site that she is worth fighting for. I have already received private messages saying, "Sad day, have you seen Chernobyl is quiting?" And that is on you.

I am not and have never stated, publicly or privately that any of our volunteers are "not worth the effort to keep." Everyone who serves here does so on a strictly volunteer status and we deeply appreciate the service of everyone who has ever contributed to make this community what it is. We also understand that there may come a time when someone does not feel they can continue to serve the community under the guidelines that we have set out, usually because they disagree with the direction we are going. We hate when this happens, but it happens. It is a sad day, for both the staff and the community. It is a sad day for me, but I understand that Chernobyl no longer feels comfortable operating under our structure and am not the type of person to try to force her to do so.

Upvote 0
I am not claiming ownership of that data. It may feel like a technicality, but please carefully read the section linked above.

Superstars can have their dirty laundry cleaned from the Internet, but I don't have control over content I provided willingly? This is yet more spite from you, Art, on top of the lemon in the eye I got over the Archive to begin with. You don't own the assets I put up, and I'm pretty sure I can invoke Creative Commons if I have to.

I'm asking you nicely to show me a modicum of respect and let me at least have control over what I've provided. If you can't do that then it shows truly how poorly the direction of the 405th is headed towards if you can't even respect the wishes of contributors. It reflects incredibly poorly upon you.

Upvote 0
Oh, Crud. I'm so sorry that it's been such a pain, Chernobyl. you've helped out so much, and basically created the archive.
I've worked with you on many occasions, and you've been extremely respectful, and helpful. you don't realize what you've just lost, Art.

now, with all due respect, Art Andrews, you don't realize what you're doing. this person has been generous enough to (A) help run this site, and (B) give the community free high-quality files for years. how could you not at least provide the same generosity? She's asked in a controlled, professional manner, and you've gunned her down. now, why is it even worth the trouble, Art Andrews? she will still keep them available. you don't need to be so controlling about it. it's not yours, it's all Cherry's. look at how polite she's being. she could just spread the word of your disrespect, and cause no one to trust you, but she hasn't. that says a lot. at least she has respect for you.

now, give the lady her files. show that you care. show that you respect.

I'm sorry to see everyone like this, and I hope it's resolved soon.

Best Regards,
-Trevor B.

Upvote 0
ok I'm just a little confused. 8A states:

8. RIGHTS YOU GRANT TO MPS
A. User Content. By submitting any User Content through or to the Services, including on any User Tools or User Pages, you hereby irrevocably grant to MPS, its affiliates and distributors, a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable license, to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publicly perform, publicly display, create derivative works from, transfer, transmit and distribute on the Services, in connection with promotion or elsewhere, such User Content (in whole or in part) and to incorporate the User Content into other works in any format or medium now known or later developed. MPS will take reasonable precautions to help you to keep your email and voice-mail messages private. The foregoing grants shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in such User Content, including but not limited to rights under copyright, trademark, service mark or patent laws under any relevant jurisdiction. You agree that the foregoing grant of rights by you to MPS is provided without any the entitlement of payment of fees or consideration.

In a nutshell; anything posted can be used and distributed, modified, adapted ect...ect.... w/o compensation to the User...That MPS will take reasonable precautions to protect said Users e-mails and voice-messages and keep them private......Where does it say that any content add to the Community can not be removed? Nothing is stated that indicates MPS claims ownership of the content add by Users.

Upvote 0
They're my files. I put them up,

While you may have been the one who uploaded them they in no way belong to you. You "skirting" the laws of copyright literally went out of your way multiple times to state the are game assets owned and created by 343 Industries and not by me using unauthorized software to modify/export game content. While you could report the site for your indiscretion's for hosting the ill gotten goods just remember your name is attached to a majority of the illicit files along with numerous posts of you stating what you where doing was not allowed by anyone else and not up for discussion.Personally that sounds like an admission of guilt.

Upvote 0
Where does it say that any content add to the Community can not be removed? Nothing is stated that indicates MPS claims ownership of the content add by Users.

As I have said above, we are not claiming ownership but we do have irrevocable usage rights per the first sentence of seciton 8A.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back