I wonder...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RomanW

Hey Guys and Girls,

Just had a thought.. would love to hear your opinions!

So we have regiment logos which are pretty awesome, but I was thinking why not have Regiment markings as well? Add to the distinction, and uniqueness? (Maybe just for Canada, because we are cool. No pun intended)

eg. (keeping the white and red in mind) two diagonal stripes on the quadricep armor, two stripes with a maple leaf at the end of them, a maple leaf on the pauldron(s), maple leaf right in the middle of the chest, arm bands, etc.

I'm going to try and do up some pictures to maybe show what I'm thinking..

Any thoughts?

Hey RomanW

Are you talking about individual marking per person or province or what? And Anything of that nature may have to go to the staff/Division Identity Officer (DIO) but lets see what you got. Depending on what SPARTAN II says we can go from their.

Hey RomanW

Are you talking about individual marking per person or province or what? And Anything of that nature may have to go to the staff/Division Identity Officer (DIO) but lets see what you got. Depending on what SPARTAN II says we can go from their.

Hey Artifice,

Not each person individually per-say.. although I'm sure people have some personal unique markings on their armor. More of an idea if any of our Canadian guys go down to the states, or just want to rock "Regiment I.D. Markings".

My ideas were more like these:
CanReg2.png CanReg1.jpg

The first one isn't quite what I was hoping for.. my Image program wasn't doing what I wanted it to. I originally wanted them to be opposite colors. Doesn't really matter either way, I think you get the idea. Other options would be a leaf on the chest, a chevron on the forearm with a leaf, or maybe even a wide solid line/band with '405 C.R.' somewhere. I just had a thought on the second image with thigh markings, that I could include '405th' after the maple leaf on that upper band..

Anyways, I hope some of that makes sense. Let me know what you think.

Roman

Attachments

• CanReg1.png
    CanReg1.png
    626.3 KB · Views: 286
It's still a unique idea - our members have only been away from the forums. That's all. The staff have been busy with the site among other things, I'm sure.
So don't toss anything from the equation just yet. Ultimately, our new logo looks spiffy, so definitely try it out in your program for a visual. :)

Hey RomanW sorry about not getting back to you ( I definitely forgot ) I am vary sorry ! I just passed this along to the Staff. And I believe it is a good idea but I'd have to say it would probably be put into place when the Regiments are larger. But like I said I have passed it along and I'll get back to you when they get back to me !

~A

So It looks like at least at the moment their isn't a large demand for more markings. But it is a vary cool idea. I believe that it would possible be adopted later when we have more people within the regiment.
If you have any other ideas, thoughts, concerns, or anything, please ask away !

~A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back