Introduce Yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: Mark Dapilmoto
Profession: Systems Analyst/Admin and Filipino Combat Arts Instructor
Favorite Hobby: Costuming (I'm a 501st Legion member)
I Don't own any X-box products nor have I ever played the game
Favorite Video Game: The entire Metal Gear series
Other Interests: Gaming, table top gaming, combative arts, archery, shooting, and anything dealing with weapons and warfare
Favorite Food: Asian

I'm planning on building an ODST but would like to use the Recon helmet. I would like to start building foam armor using pepakura files so any recommendations and pointers is very welcomed.

NOOB -

Wow, it's been so long since I've actually been a member of a forum. Somthing oldschool about it :)

Anyway, I'm new here, though I've been reading through the forum and articles schooling myself on everything. I shouldn't have any noobish questions because everything I need to know seems to be out there.

My one question though, I'm located in Los Angeles. Hollywood area. Is there anyone located in my area who's done a lot of Pep work? Molding/Casting? Would be cool to actually see someones work in person.

I've got a ODST Rookie helmet almost ready for resin. If anyone lives around who does vacuum molded visors that'd be cool too :)

Thanks guys,

Antinox

Name: Pete (or my nickname 'Wally')
Profession: US Navy Fighter Pilot
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft
Favorite part of halo: The Warthog! (oh, and the stoic professionalism of The MasterChief- a true virtual warrior)
Favorite Halo: HALO 1
Favorite Video Game: HALO (the original 1 thru 3)
Other Interests: Flying planes, playing video games, making movies, tactical shooting, the zombie apocalypse (lol), designing and building just about anything, and of course, my good friends.
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (ep IV), True Lies, Aliens, How to Train Your Dragon
Other: Just glad to be here and possibly meet some like-minded people.

Name: Konsa
Profession: manager in italy industry
Favorite Hobby: Airsoft in Dragon Force SAC,play xbox,making the halo costum ( i'm try ;) )
Favorite part of halo: the grunt
Favorite Halo: HALO is my religion :)
Favorite Video Game: everything
Other Interests: girl, gym, martial art
Favorite Food: lasagna
Favorite Movie(s): trasformer

A bit of an instant confession: I have never really played HALO other than a few quick games with my son a long time ago. To me, this is more about the build than the game. I am totally new to pep or any type of building technique and found this site thanks to google and youtube. My original intention was to build a predator mask or a stormtrooper helmet but having seen your builds on here, I am hooked on the Mk VI helmet.

I have watched lots of vids and read the forums and have to say that it a pleasure to be amongst so many talented ppl. You guys and gals are a real inspiration :)

Name: Craig
Profession: MOD Dog Handler
Favorite Hobby: Astronomy
Favorite Video Game: COD
Other Interests: Astrophotography, Music (Playing and listening), Football (soccer for our US friends),
Favorite Food: Indian or Chinese
Favorite Movie(s): The Great Escape, Alien, Shawshank redemption, Apocolypse Now, Platoon, Full metal Jacket
Other: I'm a bit of an obsessive and mentally, I am a sponge i.e. I crave knowledge and information. This is a curse because I have (or have tried) many hobbies which can be expensive and annoying for my partner.

Hey, everyone :)

Name: Angie
Profession: Professional Writer, Noob website coder
Favorite Hobby: Writing
Favorite Video Game: Halo
Favorite Halo: Reach .. only for multiplayer. (Halo 4's story is awesome compared to it though)
Other Interests: Gaming, reading, creating websites, blogging, music, watching BPL, Deadpool.

Name - Lilly, or my nickname Pasian is fine too
Job - Automotive Service Writer
Hobby - Car and games, boy hobbies I know hehehe
Fav part of Halo - watching Master Chief do bad ass things when I'm using the controller
Favorite Halo - 3, it was the first one I played through
Favorite Video Games - Halo Halo and moar Halo, and I suppose Red Dead
Interest - Photography, rc cars, baking
Fav food - Mmm cookies...and meat loaf and Mexican food just not all together
Favorite Music - I float around alot, right now alternative and dubstep
Favorite Movie - Prestige

Name: Jared
Profession: I work at Target.. womp womp
Favorite Hobby: MilSim Airosft
Favorite part of halo: Honestly thought that the ODST's taking down a Brute in H3: ODST was amazing.
Favorite Halo: Torn between Halo: CE and H3: ODST... Probably leaning a bit more towards ODST cause half of the cast in the game is from Firefly/Serenity and BSG :D
Favorite Video Game: Battlefield and Halo
Other Interests: Drawing, Painting, Reading, Video games. Hope to add prop making and cosplaying to this too.
Favorite Food: Delicious, delicious 5 Guys Burgers and Fries
Favorite Music: Deadmau5, Daft Punk, Muse, Avenue Q, Rent, Assassins, Linkin Park
Favorite Movie(s): LotR 'verse, HP 'verse, Serenity, Band of Brothers (technically a mini-series, but I have watched it as a marathon...)

Name: Marty
Profession: I'm studying Zoology at school. I'm not sure what I plan on doing afterwards yet. I'm only certain that I'm not interested in becoming a vet.
Age: 21. I look like I'm 15, which is a little frustrating. LOL
Favorite Hobby: Gaming, Blogging, Astrology and researching random things that will probably have no use to me ever. I like to learn. D:
Favorite Halo: 3
Favorite Video Game: World of Warcraft, The Sims, Minecraft, The Fable Series. I'm very much into MMORPGs.
Favorite Movie(s): Mean Girls, Scary Movie (2 and 3), Jackass (Movies and Series), Star Wars (Original Trilogy).

Name:Sammie
Favorite part of HALO?: Just the overall story whether it is the books or games
Favorite Halo book? Fall of Reach and Ghosts of Onyx. If you haven't, give them a read.
Favorite game? Mass effect, halo, final fantasy series
Hobbies?: Reading, drawing, trying to create as much as possible from my imagination.
Profession: Detention officer, trying to get into physical therapy assistant school.

Name: chase hosea, aka shotgun
Profession: full time student at acc
Favorite Hobby: Tennis, Xbox, running, working out
Favorite part of halo: the character development and story
Favorite Halo: halo 2 for life, its what started the ball rolling for fps and xbl
Favorite Video Game: halo
Other Interests: armor building, bar brothers, griffball hub!
Favorite Food: italian
Favorite Finisher: curbstop, gears of war series
Favorite Band: a day to remember, we came as romans
Favorite Movie(s): failure to launch
Other: anybody know a like to a halo 4 rocket launcher pep or foam file?

me too i wana play!!!

Name: James (or jimmay!)
Profession: Roulette spinererer
Favorite Hobby: LEGO, Video Games and now pep :D
Favorite part of halo: story, charcters, the massive universe its created.
Favorite Halo: Halo AE (the 2011 remaster)
Favorite Video Game: Halo, Crysis, Dead Space, etc...
Other Interests: anime, arachnids, LANs with the boys
Favorite Food: FOOD!!!
Favorite Band: Linkin park
Favourite Tv Series: Stargate (original and Atlantis)

Name: Tim AKA SabrX
Profession: Software Developer
Favorite Hobby: Warhammer 40k, Cosplaying, Photography
Favorite Video Game: Mass Effect series, Dawn of War Soulstorm
Other Interests: Conventions, Anime
Favorite Food: Sushi

Hi

Name: Mark Currier
Profession:Engineer ( well thems what my A levels say...)
Favorite hobby: costuming
Favorite part of halo: John and Cortana's dialogue between each other (its funny :p )
Favorite halo: Halo one (well, first is usually best)
Favorite video game: Halo (well doi) MW3
Other interests: warhammer 40k, inquisitor,infinty and defiance, oh and i love working with my hands (making stuff)
Favorite Food: It's gotta be pringles or fried mushrooms...yum
Favorite finisher: Mortal Kombat ( Scorpians flame breath)
Favorite band: Guns & Roses
Favorite Movies: The fast and the furious, the iron man trilogy and black hawk down
other: I am quite quite mad :p

Name: Jack Hoag
Profession: Music producer/arranger (Still not my profession yet, but I get a little cash on the side)
Favorite Hobby: Music, Casual Gaming, Craftmanship
Favorite Part of Halo: Possibly when Jorge detonates the bomb on the Covenant super-carrier.
Favorite Halo: Halo: Reach
Favorite Video Game: Mortal Kombat, Super Smash Bros. Series, Halo Series, Pokémon Series
Other Interests: Cooking, Being intro and outrospective.
Favorite Food: Can't say
Favorite Finisher: Mortal Kombat, Baraka in MKII when he stabs you in the chest and makes you look at him before you die.
Favorite Band: I have several: Green Day, The Beatles, Mumford & Sons, Five For Fighting, The Fray
Favorite Movie(s): Drive, Saving Private Ryan, King Kong (2005), Some others I'm not thinking of...
Other: A little boastfulness right here; I attend the number one performing arts secondary school in America, Douglas Anderson School of the Arts.

Name: Ryan
Profession: College student at Kent State
Favorite Hobby: Video Games (Halo) Girlfriend and Friends
Favorite part of halo: The Story line without a doubt.
Favorite Halo: 1.. Best so far i played that for years
Favorite Video Game: Halo!
Other Interests: Paintball, ATV's, Cars
Favorite Band: All that remains, As I Lay Dying, Abandon All Ships
Favorite Movie(s): Saving private ryan, Band of Brothers, Anchorman!

Whats up folks. So it's just by chance that I found this place. I look forward to learning as much as I can and promise not to troll ;-)

Name: Cheezmo aka sancheezmo
Profession: I work in the supply chain for a communications company
Favorite Hobby: Video Games
Favorite part of halo: Any part that the music picks up and you know the ISH is coming
Favorite Halo: 1
Favorite Video Game: Gears of war series. Even GOW: J
Other Interests: All my other time goes to family. Family first then video Games. Love GearzAndBeers
Favorite Food: Carne asada fries ;-)
Favorite Finisher: Curb stomp
Favorite Band: Slightly stupid
Favorite Movie(s): Adam Sandler movies and 300
Other: If you fancy soe twitter humor hmu @PadrickSalton I am also the West coast captain for @GearzAndBeers

I a family man and have a big love for gaming. I've been going to comic son the past 5 years and love the cosplay I have seen. Well, I now want to become a part of that. I hope to break those ranks by next year. I hope I can find the time with work, family, and school.

Name: Josh Wagstaff
Profession: Currently at school
Favourite Hobby: Making Models, Video Games
Favourite part of halo: That bit at the end of The Storm. Or the ODST drop in ODST.
Favourite Halo: 3
Favourite Video Game: Halo. By far.
Other Interests: 3D Models. I can also add CGI to movie clips.
Favourite Food: Pizza
Favourite Finisher: Boom, Headshot!
Favourite Band: Coldplay
Favourite Movie(s): Too many to count!
Other:

If anyone is wondering, the spellchecker was going crazy over the differences between US and NZ spelling. Hence 'Favourite'.

Hey there everyone!

Name: Sarah
Profession: Studying for my MA and working in a library
Favourite Hobby: Gaming, reading, hanging out and doing creative stuff.
Favourite part of halo: Don't really have a favourite part of the game to be honest.
Favourite Halo: Reach because it's the only one I've completed so far (lack of funds means I can't buy the previous at the moment)
Favourite Video Game: Skyrim, League of Legends, Portal 2 and the awesome bit of Halo 3 I've seen
Other Interests: Art, sculpting, podcast production.
Favourite Food: I seem to be a lady of fine tastes when it comes to food. Lobster linguini is the best!
Favourite Finisher: Any of the new Mortal Kombat fatalities
Favourite Movie(s): Grosse Pointe Blank

Nice to meet you all!

Name: James
Profession: Shift Lead at a hospital.
Favorite Hobby: Making costumes, playing videogames, and hanging with family.
Favorite part of halo: Drunken Multiplayer
Favorite Halo Video Game: Halo Reach
Other Interests: Trooping, costuming, sleeping (doesn't happen much when you work graveyard).
Favorite Band: Flogging Molly, 5fingerdeathpunch, MisFetts.
Favorite Movie(s): Star Wars (yes even Eps 1), Dark Knight Trilogy, Starship Troopers, Hott Fuzz, Shaun of the Dead.
Favorite TV Shows: Family Guy, Duck Dynasty, Daily Show
Other: Did I mention sleeping? Cause I'd really like to get more of that... and time to work on costumes....

Have a good one,
Hagen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back