tgNuwoS.jpg

Attachments

• IMJweeg.jpg
    IMJweeg.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 333
  • tgNuwoS.jpg
    tgNuwoS.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 359
Great work SB! You are really pushing them out and there should be more blades by Baz out there!

I've been meaning to do an off topic thread about other crafts people make. I'm glad you finally posted about yours.

13 cut out, profiled, tangs tapered length and width. Started grinding one and stamped before daddy duty calls. A productive afternoon.

x5UgCoH.jpg

First knife for 2017 complete. High carbon blade, brass and G10 fittings, brass-fill highlights in the natural wood faults. Tea-tree burl handle.

tp2yxwo.jpg

tJVZkRy.jpg

Improvise adapt and overcome.

While sharpening the two blades at our monthly knife meet last night... oh noes! - CRACK!!! Right in the middle of the edge. There must have been a stress in the blade that was just waiting for enough steel to be removed to give in. After good advice from Karim of Tharwa Valley Forge, I ground the blade down a good quarter inch from the edge until the crack was gone. Re-ground bevels both sides and re-polished. A few of the knife makers said they actually liked the revised shape.

tJVZkRy.jpg

iskbEQ6.jpg

This magnificent little piece of burl had some cracks and rot, but after scraping out every little bit with a sharp point, I was left with exquisite contrasts of brown and black with gold accents. The fault across the middle snapped while drilling it out so I got arty with resin and brass fill. Saved it.

xV4BMe1.jpg

ZREFsvp.jpg

51tFWaD.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back