Learning to Use Armor Smith

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGLordBert

Member DIN
S207
With C2E2 out of the way and my first full armor suit up tested, Ive noticed some tweaks Id like to make to my current set of armor. Also seeing the other Spartans around me, made me want to better my armor. Im Happy with my Meowlnir set, but I know i can improve upon it, upgrade it, and then use the upgrades on the next set. Crimson Viper was a great set of armor that I really want to try and reach for as in quality and scale. Being that him and I are roughly the same build, I want to try and rescale some things to improve my movement and comfortability.

So this is what I have and is working, but, again, I would like to improve the scaling and movement.
1660402825964.png

then this is crimson viper flawless set.
1660403431302.jpeg

I think my main concern in scaling is the hips down. Looking at where my thigh pieces hit and his hit, make me wonder about if I should change the height of the thigh. So I downloaded ArmorSmith. Ive seen a lot on the forum talk about it and thought I would give it a try. But I have no idea what Im doing. Lol. I think I got all my measurements in there right. and I think if adjust the leg pieces and the belt i should be ok.

This is what Ive got so far.
1660403718318.png
1660403856996.png

I measure 5'11" and weight about 170. So I am a little scrawny but the files I found were scaled for 5'11" and roughtly 195-200 pounds. Belt file is reduced to 90% from regular over all. Thigh Height only is adjusted to 90%. Knee cap is adjusted to 90% and shin depth and width are adjusted to 90% because i got bird legs. All files are from Tidlewave Productions.

Looking at all the pics, does anyone have and suggestions on my improvements? Or how I can better use armorsmith to get me there? Looking to improve across the board.

Armorsmith is realllllly flexible. I color the armor pieces to help me identify if it intersects with the avatar. Super helpful. Also, don’t be afraid to rotate or un-uniformly alter one of the pieces. The 3D model is render usually close to how it would fit on a body, but titling or pulling an edge a bit can make a big difference.

Yes armorsmith is definitely a time saver. I like to look at a sparten model and see wear pieces fit and adjust armor files according to how it looks in game and my own body measurments. Make sure to leave some room between the thighs and shins for knee pads, unless your going to attach the knee pads to the shin itself, like i did for my build.

The crotch/hip belt actually hangs bit lower than the one you have placed in the program or Viper's. Unless both of you placed it higher and above hips on purpose so you can be more mobile.
Tbh I gotta say your first suit was scaled very nicely even tho you want to slowly remake some pieces that are scaled even better.

1660676643599.png

The crotch/hip belt actually hangs bit lower than the one you have placed in the program or Viper's. Unless both of you placed it higher and above hips on purpose so you can be more mobile.
Tbh I gotta say your first suit was scaled very nicely even tho you want to slowly remake some pieces that are scaled even better.

View attachment 321872
The scientific name for this piece is, the space diaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back