master chief drawing progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durlaburban said:
handdrawn-1.jpg

i did this pic a while back. i myself admit i effed up the helmet proportion

nice but the legs look wierd

Last edited by a moderator:
The foot is bent out of proportion, and its a matter of opinion, ecose I could think his is better.I wouldnt brag on yourself.

Bleh, First chief looks really fat, espcially the thighs, second one looks like a bad trace :/.

-Doom

Spartan-118 said:
Looks good better than myself, ill add my pictures. im actually doing a drawling atm but am having trouble with the dark areas. I drew the 2 with an action figure one other with a gosts of onyx book cover and the current one with a printed reference picture.

spartanhand.jpg

spartangrenadethrow.jpg

spiarmor.jpg

They look better smaller lol you cant see as much of the scribbles.

I cant scan in one of them, And yes the Master Cheif but i cant get the imgs to work lol. The good one im working on wont scan. Ill keep trying to fix it.

spartan 3 armor nice

ecose said:
you guys didnt like it :(

I thought it looked good.

Of course we aren't professional artists here, but it was really close

And its hard to match anything that doom does if it has to do with artism.

Hey there. All looks good, except one thing... the lower legs. Remember, a real human is about 8 heads tall, and a stylized comic hero/heroine is about 10 heads tall. The crotch (being the bottom of the torso) is at the bottom of the fifth head down, meaning the legs are fully half the body's height. Come up from the floor about 3/4 a head, and that's the ankle (a full head height if the character has boots or heels). Now, the thigh and shin are the SAME length. And when standing, the fingertips will reach halfway down the thigh.

One thing a lot of us artist get sucked into is trying to completely flesh out a drawing from square one. Take a few minutes and wire-frame your composition. That's right- draw a stick man. This will REALLY help you in the long run making sure your characters are proportional, and your poses look natural. Otherwise, we end up making the arms OR the legs too short- like midget limbs.

My five cents,
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back