Mendez's Halo weapon 3D print file dump [Download] (HELP NEEDED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure he would consider it, but we don't have the files for Covi stuff yet.

Mendez, would you like to join forces and create higher quality and smooth models? I've been using Blender, and I could smooth and detail the models, but they end up as surface models rather than solid bodies. So I would need you to solidify and slice the models. I do ask that you keep the files in one big piece, because some of us have larger printers, and when we want to print the files, we have to make the prop in 30 parts when we could slice it on our own and print it in 5 pieces.

Oh, is that from the halo 4 files, not the halo 5 ones?

Do you plan on doing the revised Halo 2 beam rifle that was put in Halo 5 since you did the regular one?

its like what mblackwell said. i would love to do the old style beam rifle, but since it was DLC in halo 5, its not in our file archive yet. once we get the halo 3 files figured out, i'll be posting the (almost identical) beam rifle from that game.

I'm sure he would consider it, but we don't have the files for Covi stuff yet.

Mendez, would you like to join forces and create higher quality and smooth models? I've been using Blender, and I could smooth and detail the models, but they end up as surface models rather than solid bodies. So I would need you to solidify and slice the models. I do ask that you keep the files in one big piece, because some of us have larger printers, and when we want to print the files, we have to make the prop in 30 parts when we could slice it on our own and print it in 5 pieces.

mate, you're an absolute godsend. i've been looking for someone to do EXACTLY what you're offering. as long as you can make it a .obj mesh that can be imported into maya, then i can take it from there!

Now, as for the files. i've gone a bit quiet recently because i've been trying to figure out what the HELL is going on with the halo 3 weapon files! thankfully, i finally got it figured out. Turns out, back in the Halo 3 days, bungie didn't have much to work with in terms of hardware specs for the xbox 360 of the time. this meant that they had to pull a lot of clever tricks to make Halo 3 look good. a major part of this was the weapons in the game. polygons take up memory, and they only had a certain number of polygons in their "budget", so, they made VERY rough wireframe models, and then made up for it with with bump maps and clever texturing methods, both of which took up much less memory. this was great for the game, but terrible for me, because bump maps and texture tricks don't exist in the real world. here's a good comparison that i threw together:
sdgsrhbaer.png

Pretty easy game of "spot the difference", right? thankfully, the adding of details SHOULD be easy. its a lot of simple shapes, you've already got the base model to work off of, etc. however, its just beyond my very rudimentary skills at the moment. so does this look like something you could do for at least some of the weapon files?

And as for the slicing up, i keep the full model .obj included with the download (not on thingiverse though) for that exact reason. if you got a big printer and wanna do big prints, then go for it! (or you could just be a lazy schmuck like me and dump 6 or 7 pieces into one print at a time and just not care about the couple hours tacked on from tool travel between models)

Yep, that's the same issues faced with modeling the Halo 3 Master Chief armor. Not much detail on the game model so having to overlay bump maps and textures. Currently doing that now with the Pillar Of Autumn model. Tedious.

its like what mblackwell said. i would love to do the old style beam rifle, but since it was DLC in halo 5, its not in our file archive yet. once we get the halo 3 files figured out, i'll be posting the (almost identical) beam rifle from that game.
Isn't the halo 3 one quite a bit different from the halo 2 one? If I recall correctly, the halo 3 one is much longer and has a smoother look to it, similar to the halo 4/5 one.

I am having trouble converting the H3 Spartan Laser into STL for printing. I know that there is a much better one already (H5), but I need a H3 one. I am working with the Spartan Laser by Nugget file. Can someone help?

Is there anyway we can get them textured? I'd like to use this for a 3d animation in my montage

check out the Halo Online modding forum, they got all the assets textured and ready for animation.

I am having trouble converting the H3 Spartan Laser into STL for printing. I know that there is a much better one already (H5), but I need a H3 one. I am working with the Spartan Laser by Nugget file. Can someone help?

If you can give me a download link to a .OBJ i can chop it up for printing or just convert it to .STL if you'd like. Mblackwell is helping me out with the halo 3 files, so if you wanna wait i'll be putting my own version out soon!

Anyway! i got more files! finally got around to the grenades, and more halo 4 stuff:

HALO 4 FRAG GRENADE
[Download]
Grenade.png

PLASMA GRENADE
[Download]
Plasma Grenade.png

HALO 4 BATTLE RIFLE
[Download]
Battle Rifle.png
Guide.png

HALO 4 DMR
[Download]
DMR.png
Guide.png

HALO 4 MAGNUM
[Download]
Magnum.png
Guide.png

HALO 3 ODST SILENCED PISTOL
[Download]
ODST Pistol.png
Guide.png

HALO 4/5 PLASMA PISTOL
[Download]
Plasma Pistol.png
Guide.png

The file name is Spartan Laser by Nugget. Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you .

Last edited:
What exactly is the problem ? Cause this lowres file converts without any issues into stl. (converted into stl, zipped for compression and file-compliance)

Attachments

• Spartan-Laser-by-Nugget.zip
    65.2 KB · Views: 336
Hype dude! I've been wanting to use some 3d models for my montage as I am new to 3d animating/modeling! I will be sure to credit if I have success with 3d

The problem I have is slicing it.

Shoot me a message. Stuff like this is so easy and basic, you shouldn't have to depend on other people to be doing that.
Just tell me what you need, give me 2 minutes and you'll know all there is to know about slicing. In fact, you're not the only one. I'll put up a small tutorial this week explaining "slicing" which is really about the most basic operation you (need) to know as a 3D printer owner. :)

PS : just did : Slicing and cutting 3D models is NOT hard. In case of issues : read.

Last edited:
So I tried to be a productive member and modify the magnum into the gun fighter version in inventor but ran into geometry errors that won't let me edit the middle section of the slide. I've created and am printing the front section however. Any chance you're able to get files of the gunfighter and the tactical magnums? I'll keep trying to edit the file and upload .stl if I'm successful

So I tried to be a productive member and modify the magnum into the gun fighter version in inventor but ran into geometry errors that won't let me edit the middle section of the slide. I've created and am printing the front section however. Any chance you're able to get files of the gunfighter and the tactical magnums? I'll keep trying to edit the file and upload .stl if I'm successful
Pretty sure Kaween just uploaded a modular m6h with the gunfighter configuration yesterday as part of the ffa series. its a few threads down

Yup, and seriously cleaned up and augmented in resolution too compared to the original game rip, plus added some details which aren't in the game rip models anyhow. :D Not needed for use in game stuff, but to print in 3D ? Night and day difference, if I do say so myself. Don't need to believe me on my word, I've put a comparrisson screenshot of the model before and after cleanup to illustrate my point in the FFA15 thread.

M6H2 FFA 15 : every concievable M6H2 can be created using that kit. :D (and a couple that don't exist too if you really want) found here : FFA series number 15 : Modular M6H gun + variations

So been working on the reach grenade launcher this week. (sorry for no images I'll try and get some soon) I think there's an issue with your scaling. When I looked it up it said that it's a 40 mm launcher so the model seems to be way oversized. I'm printing it at 72.7% scale to get the 40mm barrel. Otherwise this thing would probably rival the AR for size.

So been working on the reach grenade launcher this week. (sorry for no images I'll try and get some soon) I think there's an issue with your scaling. When I looked it up it said that it's a 40 mm launcher so the model seems to be way oversized. I'm printing it at 72.7% scale to get the 40mm barrel. Otherwise this thing would probably rival the AR for size.

I've been getting questions like this a lot on thingiverse, and every time i go to double check the file dimensions to make sure i didn't make a mistake. everything's just bigger than you think in the Halo universe! However, I get the dimension measurements from Halopedia, which is USUALLY sourced from the Official Halo Visual Guide. However, i just went and checked, and the length given for the grenade launcher isn't sourced, and not mentioned in any of the source links, so i'm not entirely sure where it came from. But I eyeballed it myself (by comparing the size of the trigger compared to the AR) and it looks like the proper size with the scale i have, so i dunno why the barrel would be so much bigger.

I've been getting questions like this a lot on thingiverse, and every time i go to double check the file dimensions to make sure i didn't make a mistake. everything's just bigger than you think in the Halo universe! However, I get the dimension measurements from Halopedia, which is USUALLY sourced from the Official Halo Visual Guide. However, i just went and checked, and the length given for the grenade launcher isn't sourced, and not mentioned in any of the source links, so i'm not entirely sure where it came from. But I eyeballed it myself (by comparing the size of the trigger compared to the AR) and it looks like the proper size with the scale i have, so i dunno why the barrel would be so much bigger.
yeah the halo weapons are humongous, seemingly even for 7' tall giants sometimes. A lot of these discrepencies come down to miscommunication between art and story departments I imagine, not to mention the fact these aren't exactly realistic weapons. I just scaled to what the barrel would be according to it's intended ammunition since there is a real world equivalent in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back