MJOLNIR GEN2 Custom Armor | CODENAME: WOLVERINE - 1st build / try (foam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your very welcome! You've put a lot of thought into this already, you deserve it! Just to mention that I should of added a darker color to the diffuse map of the armor pieces. It seems the color is a very light grey, almost white. So the light hitting the armor from the environment isn't really casting any shadows or reflections. But that is standard texture map that came with the files from the file archive here on the 405th. I'll get more images to u asap.

Saved, you're a pretty nice guy! Those renders look outstanding!

Wolverine, you just keep plugging along buddy, I have a feeling this build is going to be great! You're paying so much attention to detail

wolverine
Lt Shiny Sides
No, thank you guys for the kind words! Was gonna say there is no I in community, but there is, hah! Always glad to be able to help someone out! Besides, I need to take a break from the build every now and then.:cool

Alrighty here is the base under suit with all the armor situated. Will get a back render for you tommorrow. Since the undersuit is following the bones of another rig for a different model its shape has somewhat changed. The new shape is poking through the back of the shin armor. Which means I'll need to delete some faces of the undersuits calf area so its not visible anymore, any who I hope you like it!
armorset_zpskjpot7kk.png

Attachments

• armorset_zpskjpot7kk.png
    armorset_zpskjpot7kk.png
    983.7 KB · Views: 183
This a cool concept
and this has given me the reassurance to continue with my custom armour
thanks

wolverine

Awesome bro, glad ya like it! Heck I've looked at it so much, its starting to grow on me to. Excellent armor choices! Awesomeness is in found in the details, you got this bro!

Excellent armor choices!
Glad it seems to work out well and you guys like it. Have to say, the honor for this belongs partly to Mara / CommanderPalmer - she pushed my nose directly on Fred's (CENTURION) shoulder pads, which led - together with my wifes input - to the rest of the new ideas... :)

Edit / Update:

MJOLNIR GEN2 WOLVERINE Sizes & Colors.png

I know its a little dark, but I like to see if you can maybe just select him in photoshop and make him brighter? Just curious to see the effects.

armorset-back-1_zpspuno2xgv.png

I'll go ahead and do a render of him facing the sun. That way you'll have better lighting. Feel free to add some convenant drop ships in the background if ya like.;)

Attachments

• armorset-back-1_zpspuno2xgv.png
    armorset-back-1_zpspuno2xgv.png
    873.8 KB · Views: 181
Well, how about this... :D

View attachment 28745

Hold on let me go check my pants! I think I crapped my pants! That looks so legit! Can stuff like this be acheived with Gimp as well? Loving it! Let me know if you need any custom poses done or a certain scene you would like to create! Sorry, for being so overly joyed, it's just B-E-A-utiful!

Also, here is other views that you needed.:cool
armorset-back-2_zps9pheq2zk.png

Attachments

• armorset-back-2_zps9pheq2zk.png
    armorset-back-2_zps9pheq2zk.png
    1 MB · Views: 201
That looks so legit! Can stuff like this be acheived with Gimp as well? Loving it! .... Sorry, for being so overly joyed, it's just B-E-A-utiful!
I'm happy you like it! :D

Can stuff like this be acheived with Gimp as well?
To be honest, I never used GIMP myself - just know that it exists. But as far as I know, GIMP is a pixel-based image processing software - like PhotoShop is - and supports layers, paths, color-management and such things which leads to the answer: Yes, I think you can achieve that with GIMP as well, I guess.

Let me know if you need any custom poses done or a certain scene you would like to create!
Insofar as it relates to the templates of suit, I'm done. You delivered anything I will need for reference! Thank you very, very much. :) Do I have an idea for some cool images? Well, yeah! For sure... :cool :D

<zone_out_mode>
The first thing, that comes to my mind looks like this: The Spartan is standing with slightly bent knees, the left leg forward, the right leg slightly backwards, the body slightly turned to the right, the MA5D assault rifle in both hands (right hand at the trigger) and in its shooting position - the classical aiming position, I guess. The head slightly inclined to the right. The Spartan looks and aims directly into the camera - the camera is at the same hight as the spartans head. Two M6H handguns are mounted on his thighs. And in the background you can see one of the capital ships levitating above the surface, casting a large shadow on the ground - two suns throw some lens flares into the camera (yeah, J.J. Abrams style) and a large other planet comes up the horizon....

And all this rendered in 4K... :rolleyes Title: YOU'RE BUSTED!

</zone_out_mode>

Last edited by a moderator:
Me likey, likey! If you can find me another image of a Spartan in that same stance, or pose as reference, that will make it easier. I can do without the reference, but it would definitely help. Was curious though, do you have any backdrops on hand? I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find anything on google. I'm referring to a back drop of the 2 suns, and the planet on the horizon.

If you can find me another image of a Spartan in that same stance, or pose as reference

I found some nice pics in the Halo Nation Wiki and on deviant art:

position_reference.png

Basically, it's the left pose (WARRIOR Spartan), with the gun raised for aiming, like Spartan Locke - and the camera aiming directly into the gun...
Dont' worry about the suns or the horizon, I can add all that later in PS. :D

wolverine

I'm hoping this will be good enough. It wasn't easy getting the arms in a gun holding position. At least to where it looked good. Trouble with positioning the arms was mainly because of the armor. Props to 343STUDIOS for doing everything with animations, and renders! Although I do see a lot of renders they've done, and the clipping is very obvious but still looks good. Let me know if the pose needs more tweaking.:cool

gun%20stance_zpsw57rhu3d.png

Attachments

• gun%20stance_zpsw57rhu3d.png
    gun%20stance_zpsw57rhu3d.png
    868.1 KB · Views: 193
I. JUST. LOVE. IT. :) I will be a bit busy today, so the "post-processing" will have to wait a bit, but I'll post the final shot here, as soon as it's ready. Thank you, Saved, for the great work!

Still working on the details for the background and searching for a nice foreground. Not started to work on the Spartan.
Still busy with house-renovating stuff (and that's called vacation... o_O). But here's a little teaser how it's gonna look like, when it's ready. ;)

wolverine_hero_shot_01_test.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back