My first armor: master chief mark VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work on smoothing things out! I have a question though. Is there a specific reason for placing the shoulder braces on the wrong side of the biceps?

Thanks guys... SavedbyGraceG12: Actually the two sides of the biceps are the same....after a few tests, I've decided to use two different .pdo files: One for the biceps (in which the two sides are the same), and one for the shoulder braces...

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoulder plates detailed!!!!!!

Spallacci_finiti_19Maggio2016 (1).JPG
Spallacci_finiti_19Maggio2016 (6).JPG
before_After.jpg

Next step, assemble them with the biceps (How? boh....)

I'm starting to look ahead to the bondo phase of my build, and so many of you make it look so easy. I fear I won't have the patience to perfect the armor as you have. Looks really awesome!

Jalean4, is not easy at all...you must be patient, careful, follow all the tips and suggestion at the begins and then develop your own technique, It is not fast, it takes time...but if you worked good then the final result is great

Think of it as a marathon not a sprint. You need to take your time and learn patience. If you rush things you will make mistakes and just have to do it over. That in of itself is not a bad thing because there is learning in making mistakes.......but too many mistakes is not the way to complete your build. Listen to morkar78, read, read then watch some videos tutorials, then read some more. The more you prepare yourself the quicker your build will be and the better your build will be.

Last edited by a moderator:
Assembled shoulder plates and biceps!!!!! The two pieces are assembled using two metal joints. The upper joint is glued and covered with bondo. The lower joint is fixed to the shoulder plates with 2 bolts, so that I can assemble them when I want to wear them and take the two pieces apart for storing:

assembling.jpg

How the two joints fix the shoulder plates and biceps:

Shoulders_biceps_assembled_May2016 (11).JPG

....and this is the result:

Shoulders_biceps_assembled_May2016 (2).JPG
Shoulders_biceps_assembled_May2016 (4).JPG
Shoulders_biceps_assembled_May2016 (26).JPG
Shoulders_biceps_assembled_May2016 (28).JPG

eheh...I can't wait to paint them...but now I have to do the visor...Thanks!!!

Undersuit ready!

First, I've assembled the pieces over a black fabric
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (2).JPG

I've cut the fabric, then I've glued and sewed the pieces of the undersuit over it
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (4).JPG
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (6).JPG

I've sewed the striped behind the undersuit...
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (5).JPG

...and on the T-shirt
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (3).JPG

And this is the final result
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (9).JPG
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (11).JPG

...and this is how it looks under the armor
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (13).JPG
Sottocorazza_Giugno2016 (14).JPG

Indeed it is not easy..I've done the minimum to be happy, but it should be improved a lot...

it is just taking too long ;) but in the meanwhile I've changed job, continent and become father...

Very nice work. Take as long as you need, the end results speak for themselves. Also, congrats on becoming a father.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back