My printer won't print my templates!

Marimba

I'm struggling with trying to get my PDO files to print in a way that I can then cut them out and trace them onto EVA foam to build with. My printer refuses to print out the PDO file pages, and I was wondering if anyone knew how to get the PDO files into a printer-friendly format?

I'd like to print the files out onto cardstock without margins to avoid scaling issues- my files are all ready and open in Pepakura viewer fine, it's just the printer that's giving me trouble.

Last edited:
Is is possible to use "print to pdf" and then print from pdf format? Not sure if this will solve the problem, but it it's pepekura that's causing the printer problem it might work.

Upvote 0
Is is possible to use "print to pdf" and then print from pdf format? Not sure if this will solve the problem, but it it's pepekura that's causing the printer problem it might work.
Thank you for the idea! Mine has the option for print to file, not sure where print to pdf would be located.

Attachments

• Screenshot (564).png
    Screenshot (564).png
    317.2 KB · Views: 45
Upvote 0
Select "microsoft print to PDF" from the printer selection list
1697291717566.png

Also, just for next time, I believe the "Questions and support" section of the forums is for question and support about the forums themselves. This thread would fit better under "Costumes and props" or "new recruits" :)

edit: I'd also recommend opening the files in pepakura designer, not pepakura viewer. This will allow you to make adjustments to the templates if you need to. You might want to scale them for example, or adjust the print layout.

Upvote 0
I'm not familiar with pepekura software... but is there a way to save the file as a PDF, then print that file separately from the software?
I'm just starting out with it so I'm a little lost- I haven't been able to find a way so far. All of the "PDO to PDF Converters" I try immediately have a pop up of "File type not supported" :confused: and I can't copy and paste the pages from the software into another format either. I'm thinking of just tracing the patterns with some paper on my screen for now.

Upvote 0
Select "microsoft print to PDF" from the printer selection list
View attachment 337052

Also, just for next time, I believe the "Questions and support" section of the forums is for question and support about the forums themselves. This thread would fit better under "Costumes and props" or "new recruits" :)

edit: I'd also recommend opening the files in pepakura designer, not pepakura viewer. This will allow you to make adjustments to the templates if you need to. You might want to scale them for example, or adjust the print layout.
THANK YOU! I'll keep my threads in the right places in the future o7

Upvote 0
This thread is more than 6 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back