ODSK..........?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtdives2424

Division Scheduler and Keeper of Con Lists
Member DIN
S2424
ODSK????? Yes......that is correct, ODSK, and it's not a type-o. Orbital Drop Ship Kitty........My youngest one loves Hello Kitty and is not interested in going to the next con w/ a costume so I showed her a picture of a Nobel 6 HALO Kitty and she loved it.....but wanted an ODST helmet......I don't know why but, ok,.......so ODSK was born.

Going w/ Andrew DFT's version........A nice basic build.......I even got the helmet assembled last night.......no pic yet but it looks sweet so far.......and some how I'm going to transfer this logo on to the chest piece....either as a sticker or hot knife carving.......add ears and a bow to the top of the helmet and paint the whole thing pink and white.......oh how pretty.......don't forget the battle knife and foam-board AR that is already in production.

Now to compound things........my son has abandoned his Emile suit in lieu of seeing the ease of production of Andrew's ODST.....and the fact that he is determined to not go to the next con w/o a suit as well.......will be working on his own ODST........and which means he will be needing a weapon.......an SMG and an M6 has been requested......I don't think I'll be getting any sleep in the next month or so considering that I still have my own suit to finish. Why do I do this to myself? So here is my to do list:

ODSK:
Templates: Done
Helmet: DONE
Chest: DONE
Chest Plate Add On: DONE
Ab/Butt: AB Done
Shoulders: DONE
Thighs: Done
Knees: Done
Shins/Feet: Done

Weapon: Magnum
Assembly: Done
Paint: In Production

ODST:
Helmet:
Chest:
Chest Plate Add On:
Ab/Butt:
Shoulders:
Thighs:
Knees
Shins/Feet

Weapon: SMG and M6 (M6 will be the last thing)
Assembly:
Paint:

Go Fire-Team Brooklyn.

Last edited:
Ha.........that just proves you don't have kids.

Duke.....Its the new format....Keep forgetting about the permission item....

Last edited:
So between carpooling my daughter and friends to Drivers ED class, trip to the cemetery to pay respects to family members that have passed, general housework, side job of a basketball hoop installation, and taking the kids to the movies.......I still managed to find time to build 1 chest piece. Which I think came out pretty dam good:

Now there are a few things that I knew I should have thought about first but but due to my tendencies to mess things up that go against the "Directions" I wanted the piece to be as precise as.....directed......duh......Well I should have used the templates to mark off certain points for where the add on pieces should go....and where I felt I could have used 1 piece instead of 2....like the side straps:

This could/should have been 1 piece to eliminate the seam.....also instead of attaching the "straps" permanently forcing you to slip the chest piece over your head.....I would have used velcro on one side....this way putting it on would be easier and could accommodate for different sizes......I am going w/ the larger of the templates for the kids as they are set at a smaller size to begin with. Not sure if the larger size would even fit me.....but Andrew indicates it could fit w/ some minor alteration......(like putting velcro to accommodate for my larger frame). My 16 year old could almost squeeze herself into it but she was wearing a heavy sweatshirt w/ a hood.......so maybe.......

Now, this piece I did in just a couple of hours.......If I had 2-3 full days all to myself w/o interruptions....bathroom and food breaks excluded....I think I could get this done and in time to get back to my suit.....which I really need to finish........ :oops:

I've also come to the conclusion that I am going to have some communication issues if we are all going to be wearing helmets. We are never going to hear each while wearing the helmets so I am looking in to walkie talkies. Full ear pieces and mics. For the ODST look, it will fit right in.....Tactical radio right on the shoulder.....that will work.

ha. Tactical radios with the youngsters.
I can see one two things happening. If the mic are always on there is bound to be a " oh crap. Did I say that out loud??" moment.
or if a button needs to be pressed " you need to press the button to speak! All I see you doing is mime!"
how much detail you planning on putting on the suits? Will you add the nylon strapping and D rings?

Straps yes......D rings.........if I have time. The radios I've been looking at don't have the voice activation feature......those are too expensive.

Update w/ photo bomb!!

So I got the helmet redone and sized correctly

As it fit the boy...it will fit the girl......

Finished up the detailing as well

I also got the chest piece add on done as well.......including the ODSK logo which I have to say looks AMAZBALLS!!!! I have never done such intricate detail before and I was extremely nervous if I messed up.....It took over an hour to just do the detailing but it was well worth it.

Next will be the shoulders.......another iconic looking piece(s).

Last edited:
Awesome job on the logo! Your foam work is great. Just one little suggestion, I would just maybe add a 1-1 1/2 inch strip around the whole bottom edge of the helmet maybe angled toward the inside of the helmet. Just so it's not so flat in the bottom and get a little more chin coverage.

Blasted through some more pieces......:

Not so happy w/ the shoulder on the left but it will do for now. Perhaps if I make the cut lines on the center part it will look a bit better. Point is.......they are done......and moving on to the next piece.....oh wait I already have it done:

The ab. You'll have to pardon the heat gun burn. I just got too close. Everything is coming together nicely.

Looks like everything's coming out great. I'm good for burning my foam in a few spots too, so no worries. Your very good with your scores they look perfect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back