Orillia [ON] Comic-Con

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazedStarbon

RCO
Member DIN
S009
Orillia is hosting its first ever Comic-Con, located approximately 90 minutes North of GTA.
Orillia Comic-Con is a NEW comic book convention located in the beautiful City of Orillia, Canada. Orillia Comic-Con strives to be Ontario's best and truest comic con featuring fandoms of multiple genres. As long-time fans of comic books, toys, pop-culture, cosplay, animation, scifi and fantasy, the promoter (Dr.Comics) wanted to bring that style event to Orillia.

The show has over 100 exhibitors that cater to a wide-spectrum of interests including comic books, magazines, toys, games, movies, television, anime, manga, cosplay, artwork, sketches and apparel plus much more. In addition, a roster of comic industry professionals and fandom-related celebrities are in attendance for attendees to meet and greet. This will be one show not to miss!

Where: Barnfield Point Recreation Centre - 500 Atherley Road, Orillia [Ontario]
When: Sunday, May 21, 2017
Admission: $20

Link to website: Orillia ComicCon
(www.orilliacomiccon.com)

*There are sub-links to all available information for hotels, map directions, guest lists, cosplay contest & party, etc...

Please sign up using this thread if interested so others know who will be in attendance and wish to contact you for a get-together. As always, if there are any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to comment or send me a message. Have fun!

405th Attendees:
- Schankerz
- BlazedStarbon

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be attending :D
If anyone else is interested in attending and requires a lift (within Ontario/GTA area) or needs a place to crash, message me. I'll be there all weekend.

Alrighty, here are some photos I took while at Comic Con last weekend. (Due to its success, Orillia will be expanding for two days in 2018. Hopefully more members will attend. I'd like to get a proper photoshoot in. Our costumes were quite popular as a group this year.)
Schankerz also won best male cosplay, and we made some new friends along the way. Congratulations, SPARTAN!

-The first photo is courtesy of OntLakeCounty on Twitter. The rest were taken by myself.
OrilliaComicCon2017.jpg

Schankerz x Blazed.jpg

-Sorry Schankerz, you were the target for multiple photobombs :lol:

18765142_10154350852156230_1138294517_o.jpg DSC02986.JPG ODST x SPARTAN.png 18767302_10154350853001230_57674839_o.jpg 18789290_10154350852901230_2040877926_o.jpg

(-> Bottom photos by Mojoverse and Alson Lee Photography respectively...sadly, I wasn't able to drive the warthog around indoors, but it was still a hit before I was able to meet up with the other two.) I encourage others to share pictures from events they attend as well! Until next time! <3
Orillia-2017-187.jpg by Mojoverse.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back