Pepakura Mark 6 Armor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnForge1988

Hello 405th.

I really love Halo since I was a Teenager. I wanna try to make my own mark 6 armor from Halo 3. I made this thread to keep my motivation highly. My target is to finish the armor until gamescom 2017 in Germany.

So I hope you enjoy my build :). I am open for advices and some help.

For the pepakura files I am using 170g/qm photo paper.

81geogV3iTL__SL1500_.jpg

At first I glued the chest together. I needed 4 for to finish the chest.

Chest front.jpg Chest backside.jpg

The backside of the chest was really a pain to glue. Lot of small pieces difficult to glue. For undersuit I bought a motorcycle protector.

Undersuit.jpg

I know it is not the best Picture, but i think a picture says more than thousand words ;)

For Hand I am using Paintball gloves. The handplates are ready for resin now.

Glove alone.jpg Handplate.jpg handplate with glove.jpg

I will update this Thread in the next few days.

I have to apologize my English is not perfect ;)

Greetings from germany

That looks pretty darn good. Even in those little P.I.T.A. spots lol. I tried building this forearm once and quit. Too many tiny folds and annoying pieces, but kudos to you for finishing it!

I agree!!! Fantastic work on this. lines are pin straight and the tiny parts are going to give you super detailing for the finished piece. Well done.

I finished the right shoulder and the left fore arm.
At the left forearm I have two pieces at the shoulder. My question is shall I put this 2 pieces before or after resin together?!?! The 2 pieces havent numbers to glue the pieces together.

Forearm left 1.jpgForearm left.jpgshoulder right 1.jpgshoulder right.jpg.
I resined the torso but now its completly destroyed because i dryed the torso outside... i say only thunderstorm.. bad luck for me. So I Have to pep another torso :/

Although you're free to build your pieces in whichever way makes the most sense to you, the upper-arm and shoulder pieces were designed to be kept separated during the hardening, finishing, and painting processes, then bolted/screwed together along their shared faces. Connecting the pieces sooner will make it difficult to sand and paint the crevices between them. That is why separate support structures are modeled for the two parts and why there are no numbers present for gluing the pieces together.

Ok. Thanks for your advice :) After I am going to finish the left forearm. I will pep your ultra high detail Helmet. Thanks for the very good pepakura files :)

It is time for a new update.

In the last 2 weeks the weather was perfekt to resin the forearms and handplats.
To give the parts more hardness and durability I use epoxy resin. To work with with epoxy resing I am using some safety equipment like gas mask, gloves and, safety glasses.

At first I made one layer outside on the surface with epoxy resin. All together I made 3 layers outside and inside 2 layers.Then I have cut off the support bars. The next step was to fibre glassing the forearms.

I moved two layers of fiber glass inside . Hope you can see the glass fibre inside the Forearm.

Yesterday, I Started to use bondo at the right forearm. I never thought that is so much work to grind the Bondo and give them the right shape.

Hope I will finish the right forearm next week with Bondo and I can show you the result ;)

Sorry some issues to post pics.

Attachments

• Epoxy resin.jpg
    Epoxy resin.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 274
  • Safety equipment.jpg
    Safety equipment.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 230
  • Fiber Glassing Forearm.jpg
    Fiber Glassing Forearm.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 250
  • Fiber Glassing Forear.jpg
    Fiber Glassing Forear.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 249
  • Bondo.jpg
    Bondo.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 243
  • Bondo forearm.jpg
    Bondo forearm.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 272
  • Bondo Forearm (2).jpg
    Bondo Forearm (2).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 282
In the last months I had not time to continue my armor, because I lost my job and other stuff. Now I found time to pep some new pieces. So you can see my small update ;). I peped both shin, boots and i built my second chest. Hope I will find time to start to pep the helmet.

Boot 2.jpg boot.jpg Chest 1.jpg Chest 2.jpg Shin 1.jpg20170114_110810_01.jpg20170114_110810_02.jpgBoot 1.jpg

Fantastic pep work!!! Sorry about the job but sometimes change moves you forward in life. Find a better job and get back to a better life. Good luck.

So I finished the helmet. Here are a few pictures of the result.

Helmet 3.jpg Helmet 4.jpg Helmet 5.jpg Helmet 2.jpg
20170301_181116.jpg

My next step is to pep both tigh and the last piece the codpiece. After this I am finish with pep part and you can believe I dont wanna miss the peping part ;)

If the weather will be better, I have to grind both Forearms.

Thank you Dirtdives for your words ;)

The helmet looks good but I hate to say it but I agree with dirtdives, seems a little big. I made the same mistake on my first helmet as well
IMG_0074.JPG
It's got that bobble head kind of look

Mhh Maybe I should try to build a smaller one. Yes i have a little Bit space iniside the Helmet. I am not sure I think about 3 - 4 cm from nose to the front. I printed the high witc 305. So I will decrease the scale.

It does look a tad bit bobbleheadish...but are you able to see how it compares to the chestpiece? If the torso is bulky enough it won't seem as big as it does now when you're wearing just a simple hoodie.

Since when did Schankerz become Sir? And why wasn't I invited to the Knighting? It's because I'm an American right?......Dam that wall......Now I can't get out!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back