Props Pepakura Weapons and props help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoNn3r B

Hey 405th, I'm building an ODST set out of pep and I'm starting with the weapons so I don't have to measure anything yet but I was wondering if any experts out there are willing to advise me on what to do after I've folded and glued everything. Thanks.

you'll need to harden it by pouring resin on the inside, then use Bondo to smooth the outside out. remember to use small amounts of bondo, or else you will have to sand for hours. usually pepakura props will be casted to retain strength, but if you use enough resin, you won't have to cast (which is very expensive)

for a detailed tutorial, check out impact props tutorials. they have amazing how-to stuff.

First, don't plug the barrel because that's the best idea for where to pour the resin inside.

Second, spread a light coat of resin over the outside of the weapon to seal it and let it dry.

Third, pour some resin inside through the barrel, place a piece of tape over the end of the barrel, and rotate the weapon around so the resin coats the inside completely. Remove the tape before it dries.

Fourth, pour rondo inside through the barrel and rotate to make the weapon solid.

Finally, bondo the outside and sand it smooth, adding whatever details you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back