Soft Parts Robot arm

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to drop this in requests for Pepakura (here). Also, though most of us will know exactly what you are talking about, reference images should always be added.
kat-halo_00367423.png
It looks very similar to the other reach armors, but at a smaller scale. I would take a look at some of the other Noble team armor and scale it down. Due to the size difference from the other arm, you might want to bump up the scale a little on the left arm and then make the right arm as compact as possible to preserve the scale. Take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist cosplays of Edward, as the trouble they tend to have is making a full covering of an arm look that same or smaller than a physical arm. They have some very nice "robot" arms and you can pull from their designs to help you.

Hope this helps.

You might want to drop this in requests for Pepakura (here). Also, though most of us will know exactly what you are talking about, reference images should always be added.
View attachment 30939
It looks very similar to the other reach armors, but at a smaller scale. I would take a look at some of the other Noble team armor and scale it down. Due to the size difference from the other arm, you might want to bump up the scale a little on the left arm and then make the right arm as compact as possible to preserve the scale. Take a look at Fullmetal Alchemist cosplays of Edward, as the trouble they tend to have is making a full covering of an arm look that same or smaller than a physical arm. They have some very nice "robot" arms and you can pull from their designs to help you.

Hope this helps.
i was talking about the arm it's self and i thought it might get more attention and don't want to put more pressure in chernobly

I meant the robot arm :D
Game designers like to reuse assets as often as they can, and halo is no exception. If you look at the left arm, it has the same plate as the right arm (albeit scaled smaller). The elbow joint looks similar to the square shoulders that Jun has. As for the glove, I would Google around for a similar glove or get creative with some things foam.
I would try loading up the left arm in pepakura designer and try playing with the scale. If you right click in the 2D view, then click measure distance, it lets you have tool to show real life measurements (meaning the size when assembled). Get the measurements of you arm and make the scale so that it is as small as will fit around your arm. You might want to also play with the mesh it self in the split/join tool so you can remove unnecessary faces from your model. You could also print a test one and assemble it with some tape, then cut what's not needed and assemble using that. If you do the modifications in pep, you'll be able to repeat the work at any scale.
In general I like to find something close, then modify it to the look I want. Worst case, you'll mess up and learn something :)
Hope this helps.

Also, is the request thread setup to be specifically Chernobyl doing it? I was always under the impression it was free-for-all to toss them a file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back