Seeking HELP

PuFFBoi

i was looking through them to find the help i would like to build but i have not seen any foam friendly files for any of them except for the air assault helmet (BTW im talking about the halo reach part of The Armory) just wondering if im looking in the wrong spot bcuz i cant find them for the life of me any help from anybody would be amazing.

i was looking through them to find the help i would like to build but i have not seen any foam friendly files for any of them except for the air assault helmet (BTW im talking about the halo reach part of The Armory) just wondering if im looking in the wrong spot bcuz i cant find them for the life of me any help from anybody would be amazing.

Is there a specific Reach Armor permutation and piece you are looking for in Foam, like Commando, Shoulder.

I'm looking in the Armory and no, we do not have Foam Optimized files for every component of every permutation, but we do have Foam Optimized files for a great many of them certainly we have a lot mote Foam files than just the Air Assault helmet.

Look for the files that have "Foam" in the file name. For example, in the Commando entry there is:

halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-commando-carter-a259-shoulder-b.pdo

And

halo-reach-mjolnir-mkv-commando-shoulder-foam.pdo

The first is the standard pep file the second is the foam optimized pep file.

i am looking for a foam helmet template for

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Grenadier​

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - EVA​

Halo: Reach - MJOLNIR Mark V - Standard​

i have looked for foam specific and they are not in the thread

As it stands, there no Foam optimized templates for those helmets. But what you need to understand is that:

1. All of our free files in the Armory are those files that have been generously donated by Members of this Community for the better of all other members and potential members. The files in the Armory are the fruits of the labor of many dedicated Volunteers who just want to help other people who want to make Halo costumes. As such, since these are the works of those Volunteers who are willing to freely give away their files and unfolds, Yes there might be some holes in our collections, some missing pieces or unfolds because the small community of those members willing to put in the time and effort to do these free unfolds is only human and the amount of possible Halo armor costume pieces and props to unfold, both in Pep and Foam is a staggering task. An enormous amount of files coupled to a small community of free unfolders means that some times it can take awhile to get around to things or some things won’t get donated in the format you would prefer.

2.Foam is not the most desired medium for Helmets. Due to the intricate details present in most Helmets, even our most dedicated Foam builders will often use another method, pepakura, resin casts, or 3D printing in order to capture the best result possible, as the helmet is often the focal piece of the costume and can make or break the whole thing. It takes a very dedicated or talented Foam builder to craft a Helmet and as such the Helmet is most often left out of many of the Foam Unfolds.

3. Our Foam Templates in the Armory are all based in Pepakura anyway, so, it is entirely possible to take those existing templates and use them with Foam. There are many guides out there on YouTube and even on the Forum here that will show you how to take a normal pepakura file and optimize it for foam.

4. If you do not want to try and do your own Foam unfold, there is a member that takes requests for Foam Unfolds, but again they are a volunteer doing this in their Free Time for the good of the community, so there is no guarantee or when or if they could get around to accepting your request:
ODCA's foam unfolds (and unfold requests)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back