Skye's First Suit (H3 MK VI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Skye

Jr Member
hello all,
I'm not only new to this site but i'm also new to this whole concept. anyway, I'm currently making Agent Tex's suit as of her last appearance.
Why Tex? well, first off, she's a total bad a**. But secondly, I myself was born in the state of Texas. It just felt right. (bonus: have you seen that black armour?)

I'm about 1/3rd of the way finished with the ultra high definition model of the mask made by the user RobotChicken
I will share pictures with you all as soon as possible

Hey! welcome to the 405th ^-^ At the top of your text window to the right of the "font" and "size" selectors, you should see an icon that will let you insert your images to the post. Looking forward to seeing your work

Hey! welcome to the 405th ^-^ At the top of your text window to the right of the "font" and "size" selectors, you should see an icon that will let you insert your images to the post. Looking forward to seeing your work
Thank you so much :D i couldn't upload it directly from my computer (i guess maybe its broken idk) but i found a way to attach the image (is it too small? it butchered the size) anyways here s my project so far!
jOz7GW9RgUsujen_ctNXiScXuBsynapFFoRjRLtjGsGwmM7JLFhVpsaTASu_qx3ouaIgaQ=s85

So there have been a few problems i ave encountered so far. First off it is a bit floppy. Granted the construction isn't complete, i'm having a bit of trouble keeping it in place for a decent picture or attaching pieces.
Secondly it might be too small. I thought I had scaled it properly but it so far i think the chin of the helmet might be ending just below my lip. If this is the case once i have completed it I will finish this as a model, and print off a new one in the proper size.

so yes, it is a bit floppy, and maybe small. But overall I am quite enjoying this project and haven't run into anything too difficult! I'll post more updates later this week! Aiming to finish the helmet by Sunday!

Hey Skye, welcome to the 405th :)
Unfortunately the picture you attached is only appearing as a thumbnail and is too small to see. Here's how to upload photos so they can be viewed in an expanded window:

405th Image 1.jpg Click on this button
405th Image 2.jpg Then click on Choose File and select the photo you want
405th Image 3.jpg Then click on the Upload File text. If you are using windows Chrome a Upload % should start displaying in the bottom left corner until it's done.

Onto the floppy issue. What kind of paper are you using for the build? Most builders, including myself, use Cardstock 110lb printing paper. You could use 65lb, but it's a little more flimsy and everyone strays away from standard printing paper. For the helmet size, I can't tell yet until you can get a larger picture uploaded. Most helmets I make measure between 10-11 inches in height, and are a one size fits most.

Hey Skye, welcome to the 405th :)
Unfortunately the picture you attached is only appearing as a thumbnail and is too small to see. Here's how to upload photos so they can be viewed in an expanded window:

View attachment 23034 Click on this button
View attachment 23035 Then click on Choose File and select the photo you want
View attachment 23036 Then click on the Upload File text. If you are using windows Chrome a Upload % should start displaying in the bottom left corner until it's done.

Onto the floppy issue. What kind of paper are you using for the build? Most builders, including myself, use Cardstock 110lb printing paper. You could use 65lb, but it's a little more flimsy and everyone strays away from standard printing paper. For the helmet size, I can't tell yet until you can get a larger picture uploaded. Most helmets I make measure between 10-11 inches in height, and are a one size fits most.

Okay I'll try again with the picture in a minute! Thanks again!
I am using 110 lb card stock, I found someone talking about it, so I had it printed off on card stock at the Office Depot. The reason it's floppy is just because I don't have all the pieces glued in to support each other yet I guess. It should strengthen up as I go along (hopefully)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    603 KB · Views: 246
looks good so far. And yes it will straighten out a bit when more of the pieces are fitted together. Also make sure that when you harden it, use some braces to keep the shape.

Welcome! congrats on starting your first build! Don't let the following stages bring you down. The bondo work can be pretty intimidating, but its well worth the time and effort. good luck, it looks like you're off to a great start!

Taking shape and looking good. As Lazarus said, Bondo can be intimidating. Just remember to take it easy on the Bondo. Don't put too much on at once. You just want to smooth down the sharp edges. Will be keeping an eye on this build.

Nice pep work, I agree with ZP180, be careful with the bondo, if you put it on too thick then you have a ton of sanding to do. Enjoy the process!

Keep up the good work, It'll be tough but very much worth it. Happy building!

Welcome! congrats on starting your first build! Don't let the following stages bring you down. The bondo work can be pretty intimidating, but its well worth the time and effort. good luck, it looks like you're off to a great start!

looks good so far. And yes it will straighten out a bit when more of the pieces are fitted together. Also make sure that when you harden it, use some braces to keep the shape.

Welcome! Nice pepwork so far, can't wait to see more work c:

Taking shape and looking good. As Lazarus said, Bondo can be intimidat-. Just remember to take it easy on the Bondo. Don't put too much on at once. You just want to smooth down the sharp edges. Will be keeping an eye on this build.

Nice pep work, I agree with ZP180, be careful with the bondo, if you put it on too thick then you have a ton of sanding to do. Enjoy the process!

Thank you all for the inspiring words and tips! I've been working on it a lot today (while re-watching RvB Seasons 4-6) and I will have more pics up tomorrow!

hello all!
so I sort of ruined the helmet somehow. My cuts were starting to get less precise (dull blade and i was probably a bit tired)
so i reprinted the helmet (i moved down one level of detail because i'm convinced i don't have the dexterity for super high def models. oh well, maybe someday.)
and I also bought a new pack of blades for my knife. I'll share progress once I get to a decent sharing point.

Sorry to hear about that....It does happen and will happen again. Don't get discouraged. Keep at it. Fresh blades and a sharp mind and you'll have yourself a full suit in no time.

Cant wait to see this done. I too am starting off with a halo 3 master chief. Im using foam for mine though and free handing instead of using pep files.

Hello again all!
It's time I share the little progress I've made.
My helmet is 1/6th the way complete, would be almost done if I hadn't needed to restart, and look decent enough to share with the public.
So here is what I have done so far.
I'll share more pictures on Sunday!
File_001.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back