Props THE BIG ONE! M808B Scorpion Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll be the only Regiment w/ some serious firepower!!!! I would love to see something like this driving around the streets w/ the Colonial Regiment all walking behind it in full gear!!! That would be so cool.

Wow...My jaw just dropped, good luck. On another diy site somebody made the batmobile from the Dark Knight movies. You could look at what he did for inspiration. Then again the Scorpion is about four times as epic as the Tumbler. I will be watching this build:popcorn

Help! I cant find my jaw!

Definitely watching....

Oh, and don't forget, the tank has six pedals (if you want to go full Red vs Blue)

Caboose: "Why are there six pedals if there are only four directions?!?"

Update.
Finished tearing the rest of the roof off and almost all of the little things as well Tomorrow I'll start taking measurements to figure out just how big I need to make this thing to have it look proportionate.

13781836_819728824830132_9062021009596616248_n.jpg

Down in Texas, a vehicle is not required to have a windshield to pass inspections-
what does the law say about windshields where you are?
It would be nice if you could make it Street Legal, so you could drive it to and at cons (even if you stow false tread boxes for hiway transit)

Down in Texas, a vehicle is not required to have a windshield to pass inspections-
what does the law say about windshields where you are?
It would be nice if you could make it Street Legal, so you could drive it to and at cons (even if you stow false tread boxes for hiway transit)

Unfortunately, there's going to be so much wrong with this thing that it won't pass an inspection in any state regardless lol. It doesn't have seatbelts, side-mirrors, no back view, it's going to be about 12 feet wide (Highway lanes are 10 foot wide) and it has no tail lights.

Please dont take this as argumentative, I mean it as presenting an option you may not be aware of-

Other than the width of having the TreadPods on / installed being too wide for hiway driving,
most other required equipment can be tacked on without much pain: All the lights can be camouflaged into the design, such as recessed LED strip peepholes and trapdoor headlights (67 Cougar). Mirrors can be on ladder bars that drop in mount holes in the body.
Even DoT OVERSIZE Permits could be considered for keeping the tread pods on for occasional transit.

Anyway, I'm just saying its not something you have to rule out as not-possible.
Deciding to add street legal equipment can be something added at the end of the project if you want.

UPDATE!!
Even more side paneling and stuff taken off. I have one panel left there, then I'll be all done with the demolition and can begin with the construction.
14064018_1418379758175850_2186736967775670719_n.jpg

Really looking Forward to seeing this complete!
░░░░░░░░( •̪●)░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃░░░▃░░░░ ▃░░
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
I███████████████████].░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

You should put a sound bord of a bunch of caboose and shila conversations then dress as wean driving!
man I can't wait to see this finshed!

As a fellow Colonial member, (Who lives 3-4 hours from Pittsburgh) you should host a build weekend sometime I'd love to come down and help you out on this awesome project! Good luck and keep up the great work.

Wow, this would be incredible to see at a convention! I can't wait to see further progress!

This is gonna be amazing when done, also, we need tank puns, lots 'o' tank puns
Tread lightly(im sorry, it was needed)
Tank puns are always acceptable. I M1 to enjoy them :)

You should put a sound bord of a bunch of caboose and shila conversations then dress as wean driving!
man I can't wait to see this finshed!
Already planning on it :) Arma358 ha his Caboose suit handy in case he needs to calm her down lol

As a fellow Colonial member, (Who lives 3-4 hours from Pittsburgh) you should host a build weekend sometime I'd love to come down and help you out on this awesome project! Good luck and keep up the great work.

Where are you located Amir? I'm about two hours north of Pittsburgh in dreary Erie

Also. another update picture. Siding is all torn off, and I'm having a rough time trying to get the steel bumpers off. Some guy decided to use 21mm nuts on this thing with round bolt heads..... this may take a bit. Also, gave the inner bed a spray of bed lining and the sides of the van a nice bit of plasti-dip.

14051658_1424410780906081_3382659902257988712_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back