What are your off season plans??

Status
Not open for further replies.

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
Here we are at that time of year when con season is mostly over and costuming stuff tends to slow down. I try to make this the time when I get stuff done and I have a super long list of things to tackle this season.

First up for me is cleaning up (and out) the costume room and storage areas to get myself organized for a busy off season.

What are YOUR plans??

Well, I've got my first suit to finish before Febuary, then the shotgun after that. When that's all done I've got three friends that want spartan suits, another that hasn't made up his mind yet, and another that would like quidditch shin and arm guards. I've also been thinking about making a Titanfall 2 pilot sometime soon, we'll see. Very, VERY busy off season for me. :D I really need that EVA foam sale at Harbour Freight to come around...

Don't worry Schankerz the sale will be here before you know it. As far as "Off Season" I didn't realize that Cosplay had an off season.....I just though it blended one month in to the next just a different venue. I don't plan on taking time off for anything......Still have my Centurion to finish, finish my Foamboard M247H, redo my sons chest and new helmet for him but if he decides on an Emile...... and I'm still prop shy even w/ the M247H so I'll probably work on 1 or 2 new ones. By then winter might be over so.....back to the Cons.

Yeah....we have an off season up here. Last major con was at the end of September. Next major one isn't until late April. Certainly I'll have some events in there with the 501st, but even those tend to slow down in the winter. We've got a hospital visit coming up next Wednesday and a Christmas Party in early December for the Kids with Cancer Society. The hospital visit has some pretty strict rules (understandably) so I'll be wiping down all of my armor over the weekend with disinfectant as well as the armor bin. We also can't wear gloves and no weapons so it's going to be weird having totally exposed hands.

But its for a good cause.....so suck it up and show us your hands!!!!

Mainly, just work my 2 jobs, but I might also work on starting my own Youtube channel. There is also the need to save money for my black belt test.

This weekends goals - finish cleaning up the costume room, get the XWing Pilot and Bo Katan both finished up and submitted for approvals, pack up a costume for an event on Wednesday at the hospital and go to a little class at a local costume supply store to learn the basics of putting electronics in costumes!

I think it's a bit daring to say I have 'plans', not to mention the fact that not having an 'on' season makes it hard for me to have an 'off' season. But, with my new job right around the corner, I'm hoping that the cash flow will let me start work on some stuff. Been talking with peterthethinker about getting a 3D printer set up, and then I'll probably start looking more seriously at what I can do with my Argus build.

So, who knows? Maybe you'll see me at a con in 2017, finally.

Last edited by a moderator:
Down here in Florida have a slow season but not really an off season. Have a 2 cons coming up. The first 2 weeks of december. But I am resurrecting one of my very long term builds. Have been slowly getting it going again and Fixing up my ODST. (stil have to show support to halo 2 :) ). Along with my Job picking up more and more hours.

My busy season for work has begun! I work at a local ski hill in Edmonton, providing maintenance to the ski lifts, snowmaking system, and snow-cats year round. Right now around opening the hill is when my job is the most hectic! That aside, I am currently building a custom front axle for my jeep, and have a few other small projects on the go. I hope to hit up the mountains for some snowboarding as well!

^ Here's hoping you get a lot of snow out West!

Due to space being very limited in my place, projects tend to be put on hold until after the family leaves from the holidays. Other than that, it's full-on gaming to catch up, and drafting stencils for smaller pieces to costumes. The brain is always ON.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back