what's your favorite piece of Halo concept art?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mblackwell1002

Sr Member
Hi, guys!
forum game time!
seriousness, with some goofiness in this one...

what's your favorite official Halo concept art, and why?
I ask because StayFrosty and I were talking about posters and how awesome concept art would be on a poster. afterward I thought I'd love to hear what you guys and gals think.

for instance:
Halo 4 art1.jpg

I like this piece of art because (to me) it signifies the changes Chief, Cortana and Halo in general are going through. I also love the lighting of the forerunner structure, how it gives a sort-of mystical eerie glow to the room, and how the light seems make rocks turn into plastic hammers.

now, your turn! your description doesn't have to mean as much as mine does, but say whatever you want...but there is one rule.:D
you have to add some random information that makes no sense whatsoever, but blends in with the rest of the description (I did the plastic hammers part)

well, actually 2 rules. Dang.
only one picture, per person, per day, you can comment however you want, but only one piece of concept art, per person, per day.

Last edited:
My favorite piece of halo concept art is probably this portrait of New Mombasa, although I really love most Halo concept art (I especially like the red glow from the hidden tomatoes all over). I've been thinking about making my own minimalist style Halo poster for a while though, since I enjoy that art style, and a lot of halo posters available for purchase look too over-the-top for my taste. Maybe I'll get around to doing it when I finish assembling my computer...
Halo-3-ODST-New-Mombasa.jpg

My favorite piece of halo concept art is probably this portrait of New Mombasa, although I really love most Halo concept art (I especially like the red glow from the hidden tomatoes all over). I've been thinking about making my own minimalist style Halo poster for a while though, since I enjoy that art style, and a lot of halo posters available for purchase look too over-the-top for my taste. Maybe I'll get around to doing it when I finish assembling my computer...
View attachment 238229
Ooh, I like that...tomatoes all over the place.

today, I'll add...
locke.jpg

I like this Locke concept art because his armor set looks sleek, and like a prototype.
it gives locke the appearance of being man-made, a machine essentially.
I also like how the lima beans on his armor are so well placed, so it really makes the details stand out.

I think I actually prefer the design on the right to the one in-game. I can't place what it is, but something just seems better about it. Maybe it is the lima beans.

Always admired the original concept art for the Mark V Spartan from Halo reach.
spartan_big_team_by_giovannimicarelli-d3dkqsu.jpg

Most of the design was kept but you can definitely see the differences in the shins, arms, and weapons. Some of the weapons I really like because they look like 20th-21st century weapons on Spartans (just take a look at Emile's BOOMSTICK!) I like to think the artist scrapped them because they thought they where too old school, even though its a prequel lol.

Always admired the original concept art for the Mark V Spartan from Halo reach.
View attachment 238458

Most of the design was kept but you can definitely see the differences in the shins, arms, and weapons. Some of the weapons I really like because they look like 20th-21st century weapons on Spartans (just take a look at Emile's BOOMSTICK!) I like to think the artist scrapped them because they thought they where too old school, even though its a prequel lol.

Yeah, I like the design as well. I think the concept armor looks amazing, but I don't like their weapons very much at all. glad the weapons look like they do now. buut, Jorge looks awesome in that pic! love his concept armor!

Yeah, I like the design as well. I think the concept armor looks amazing, but I don't like their weapons very much at all. glad the weapons look like they do now. buut, Jorge looks awesome in that pic! love his concept armor!

Agreed I think it was chain link bullets that really had me going when I first saw the art lol. Chain Link bullets make anyone look like a total badass.

mine is from I'm not sure about halo reach maybe.

eqG1LHO.jpg

I mean look at it this just screams halo all over it a Spartan pissed off at an officer odst trying to hold him back which isn't working but keep trying guys, over all its a nice pieces, to bad we didn't see this happen in reach with the colonel and crater.

mine is from I'm not sure about halo reach maybe.

That is a Mark IV suit, so it would be from Halo Wars. I like how the spartan is in the foreground and his hand is in the background, and his hand is still twice as big as the officer's arm. Makes him feel menacing.

Looks like the officer might have accidently killed or (who knows) purposely killed a fellow Spartan in a training mission which you can see off to the left of the frame with his head half blown off and helmet in the hand of this very angry Spartan. This a great piece of artwork and totally agree with foxleader , wish we had seen some internal UNSC conflict like this in the game just to give it a very dramatic and hardcore storyline.

I see that now...I didn't even notice. wow, that is an amazing piece of art! I totally agree it would be awesome if it were in the Halo lore.

now for my art! yaaay!
small.jpg

I like this art because it makes Chief look so small. even though he may be massive, he is nothing compared to the massive wonder of the galaxy. I also like how the burritos are so well shaded, it really brings out the dimension of the burritos.

juan-pablo-roldan-pp1-battlefield-final.jpg

I don't think I need any explanation for this awesomeness, Halo Wars 2 is going to be awesome! Plus that one pelican pilot who just couldn't resist crashing before the big battle "Dammit Carl!"

I always thought those sketches looked nice, but for the most part I prefer colored concept art

225.jpg

well this one is a image I was hopeing to be in halo wars 2 but it let me down when I found out it ended with **** * ending.

but then I saw this image and well...

300px-Halo_Warfleet_cover.jpg

so now I can't wait for that book to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back