Where do I get Clay, Silicon, Plastic, FaceShields etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should I get if I don't have any molds to go off of, and I've just started to do an armor project?

like how should I start a correct helmet mold that will fit my head?

Aeon Psych said:
for my question how to correctly size a mold to fit my head?
I think what the guys here have done is sculpt their helms around a bust of a similar size to their own head.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright, now that i know where to get the materials, how much? I am almost sure i am getting smoothon products, and they come in the trail size (1 pint per material) or the gal size. If I am just doing the helmet right now how much would I need?
Also, how much clay?

you can always google to see where you can buy clay and stuff that you need or you can ask someone here if they will sell you some that they have

Also ,for those who don't like to order on-line.

If you live near Micheal's , you can get Oil Based clay , sulfur free , near the Sculpey III , and FIMO.

It says on it from top to bottom :

MODELING CLAY

Plastalina

Van Aken

At 3.80 a pound , it's only a bit more that online and you save on shipping.

Happy Hunting!

-Joe

Thanks Adam this is really useful and i thank you :not worthy:

and for spartanmartan if you are unsure you should go with the medium
Hope I helped :D

Wow, I just joined 405th (already lovin it) and I was expecting a ton less than what I got here. Thanks a ton Adam, all the stuff you have put on here has been so much help.

LastSpartan said:
I think I'll get the medium one. But what you do to smooth it? Can you sand it?

yes you can sand it. another to smooth it is to use a knife and maybe cut the bumps

QUOTE(SpartanForever @ Sep 20 2007, 10:48 PM)
Ya seriously some one should make a step by step video/pics of how to make a suit and then write about it step by step. That would be perfect.

Are you serious. this is why this website is put up. so put can learn from each other. you can't make someone just do everything for you. you have to reasearch or at least make a post here's a link to how to mold

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopi...;hl=how+to+mold

but dude clay pretty hard to work with maybe you should start with pep. sorry if i was being mean, i'm in a bad mood today

darkforest said:
can you get a replica face shield or do you have to use the motorcycle one without all the markings/carvings?

what do you mean. do you mean those deeper part. you can buy a gold visor as long as it is a visor ( face shield). you need 2 visor if you want the carving

What Plastic and Rubber do you use Adam? I'm trying to start making molds for my helmets/weapons (You'll see them when they're all done).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back