[WIP] ODST Hugh Chestplate - Painting

Status
Not open for further replies.

harican89

[WIP] [Need your Help] harican's ODST Hughs Chestplate - Painting

Hey dudes...

after the winter blackhole of motivation i continue the process of my ODST armor again and make the spraypainting of my ODST Chestplate from the model of the Hugh armor.

chestplate_o1.jpg

http://s1183.photobucket.com/albums/x463/harican89/ODST Chestplate Painting/

as you can see on the pictures i spraypaint with my favorite Montana Black Series spraypaint in Rhrino Grey and Horizon Blue. i want to take six steps of painting...

Steps needed: (Status: Step 4)
  1. primer
  2. silver chrome for the highlight base layer
  3. rhino grey for the first base color
  4. horizon blue for the second base color (center plate only)
  5. black spraypaint for the sidepads
  6. black wasch for the used look

th_chestplate_o1.jpg th_chestplate_o2.jpg th_chestplate_o3.jpg th_chestplate_m1.jpg th_chestplate_m2.jpg th_chestplate_m3.jpg

i used 40 grid sandpaper and a strong, fast, frequiently handmotion to get the scratches and little gabs in the surface. in the macro pictures you can see the little gabs and the details.
the 3 single pads will be screw together. the gab between the 3 pads will be filled with some foam rubber.

Update:
On this morning i finished the stencils for the burning skull logo from the "We are ODST" flag and placed it on the center piece. in a few hours i will take some pictures.

hope you like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Need Help:

i want to spray the logo on top of the center piece. i make a stencil and have to chose the color. what do you think? which one should i use?
th_chestplate_paint2.jpg th_chestplate_paint1.jpg th_chestplate_paint3.jpg
i colored the pieces in photoshop to show the result because the original sidepads are in the drying process.

Need Help:

i want to spray the logo on top of the center piece. i make a stencil and have to chose the color. what do you think? which one should i use?
th_chestplate_paint2.jpg th_chestplate_paint1.jpg
i colored the pieces in photoshop to show the result because the original sidepads are in the drying process.

I like the black, but the white shows up more. What main color is your armor going to be?

the same rhino grey like the sidepads.
but some blue parts (stripe on the helmet shoulders etc). here is an other one without the skull.

th_chestplate_paint3.jpg

this is an other option... but i want to make it more personal... arrgh...

the same rhino grey like the sidepads.
but some blue parts (stripe on the helmet shoulders etc). here is an other one without the skull.

th_chestplate_paint3.jpg

this is an other option... but i want to make it more personal... arrgh...

If most of the armor is going to be gray then white would show up better on the armor. I say White skull with a little battle damage. Any way you do it is going to look good.

have you thought about doing it in grey so that doesnt stand out really bright, just an idea otherwise i think the whit will look better than black cant wait to see which way you go though

yesterday i finished the painting process of the chestplate. i needed to re-paint it because of the failed logo. in about 10 hours i post some pics but for now... time to sleep :D

Need Help:

th_chestplate_paint2.jpg th_chestplate_paint1.jpg th_chestplate_paint3.jpg

You could also do a two tone symbol with either the skull in white or black and the flame a different color, either white or black or even another color all together. I usually have the ninja symol black and the flame yellow on my in game armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back