COG Foam Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Archillies

man, its been a while, huh?

anyways. i've been building COG armor out of foam. (TB-21)

saw a build on here that blew my mind, so I wanted to post up to get some feedback.

all kinds are welcome!

here goes!

DSCF0902.jpg

DSCF0903.jpg

short sleeves

DSCF0904.jpg

DSCF0905.jpg

DSCF0910.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

DSCF0913.jpg

DSCF0914.jpg

DSCF0912.jpg

the full build can be see here: http://www.therpf.com/f24/gears-war-v-1-out-foam-tb-21-a-92492/

let me know what you all think!

very nice!! im in love with cog armour, i cant wait to see the gears 3 set.
there are a few foam threads popping up now and they are so superb!

Edit: just read through your RPF thread.. and damn!!! thats one sweet build.
have you ever worked with pep? if so do you prefer the foam method?

i have a build thread in here with pep for master chief a few years back.

I've done this by eye/freehand. no templates, other than what I'm creating on the way.

BTW, these are 2 of 9 sets that will be built for the game release. also note, that we chose NOT to build the gears 3 set as its very simplistic and lacks the sheer bulk of cogs 1 and 2.

we just like these. of course we all ahte the cod plate, so pretty sure i wont be building those. (also check out my voltron build on the RPF site as well for more foam goodness)

This armor looks fantastic, and that you "eyeballed" its design is just crazy awesome. I've done searches for the foam you mention, but I can't seem to find anything like what you use. Do you know where I can order some?

That. Is awesome. Your foam skills are amazing, I made a cog suit (and failed miserably by rushing) a while back, and it took ages. Also mine probably weighs way more than that :p

really? at least you tried! i'm def gonna do the space marine thing next. since voltron was easy, and this is kinda hard. that might be harder.

BTW, this i think, weighs about 2 pounds tops.

really? at least you tried! i'm def gonna do the space marine thing next. since voltron was easy, and this is kinda hard. that might be harder.

Jax, I'd really like to follow your build of a Space Marine... maybe even mimic your steps down here in Dallas. Folks down here clamor for me to other color schemes, and this is definately a style I'd love to try!

KEEP IT UP!

Mine wasn't really a build for me... but here's the thread:

Black Templar WIP

Sid did the suit (I and Das Wife painted)
Lee the Chainsword (still in paint)
Thorssoli the Bolter (paint by me)
Tabbard and Ribbons by me (inspired by Djinn)
Purity seals by Brashsculpter

Hard year for me to do my own build like I did for last Haloween... but the foam matting will make any future build MUCH easier! Both time and money wise...

I'm actually thinking about using the existing suit as a model or blue-print so as to turn out a couple more... need to fix the shape of the shoulders, though, Sid's are too round compared to a Space Marine...

how did you build that

did you use cardstocks with aqua/fiberglass resin

where are the blueprints for pepakura viewer so I can start doing this

no pep files
no card stock
no resin

used 1/4" foam and hot glue.

the pep files for cog armor is in the other COG thread in this forum at the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back