Invalid format on Mitsubishi tv???

Status
Not open for further replies.

vshore100

Member DIN
S091
Hey fellas. I had my new 65" Mitsubishi tv delivered two days ago and I was all excited about it. So I hook up the hdmi cables from the PS3 and the 360. I then proceed to test each one. I turned on the PS3, works fine, looks great. I then powered off that console and turned on the 360. The tv says "invalid format" and will not let me see anything. I have hooked up the composite cables and it works, but obviously the picture is not nearly as good. I had the xbox hooked to my 32" Samsung the night before I received the new tv and it worked fine. I needs my HDMI,lol. Any thoughts on this?:confused

HDMI from the 360 works on my 42" Mitsubishi.

Maybe swap the HDMI cables from the PS3 and 360, to see if one of the cables is defective, or try a different port (if you haven't already).

HDMI from the 360 works on my 42" Mitsubishi.

Maybe swap the HDMI cables from the PS3 and 360, to see if one of the cables is defective, or try a different port (if you haven't already).

Yeah, did that. It has three hdmi ports and I tried all of them. I also switched the cables to see if that was it, no dice.

you have to set up your xbox for high definition..... its not just plug and play

Yes, I am aware of this. I have already switched the settings and still nothing. No matter, I am returning the tv. There are several other things that have popped up since this issue started. Gonna get a different one.

Mods, you can close this if you wish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back