Halo Reach Commando Helmet Build (Picture Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
with only a month left of school, i haven't been able to check your thread in a few weeks, but when i finaly get to check it you have it painted and ready to mold. it looks amazing, by far the best helm i have ever seen

Are you going to build the entire armor too? :D

Man I hope so. I’m going through a rough time at the moment, so finding the funds to do it will be rough. I suppose I can pep it though.

with only a month left of school, i haven't been able to check your thread in a few weeks, but when i finaly get to check it you have it painted and ready to mold. it looks amazing, by far the best helm i have ever seen

Thank you Noble 1! I appreciate the comments. I don’t know about the best, but I hope I did the model some justice. Keep building dude!

Well, I’ll be molding tomorrow! Yeah!! I’ll take a bunch of pikshurs!
Done with painting for now.

IMG_20110413_212242.jpg

IMG_20110413_212256.jpg

IMG_20110413_212326.jpg

IMG_20110413_212338.jpg

What do you think?

hey the helmet came out great i do have one little critism and that is the color blue that you used, i feel like the blue in the came is more of a flat blue and not really shiny. that just my opinion either way the detail came out great.

GET THAT PIECE OF AMAZING OFF THE STOVE RIGHT NOW. YOU NEED AN EPIC BOX TO STORE IT IN!!
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZQ6sKPw5CM97EgikE14RqDVeXUVMfVOxlhJ6i8lWNkzOsVcJ8.png

Great Job Dude! :D

OK, Heres what it looks like so far. I had to stop 3:00 because I had to get up for work at 6:00. I didn’t realize it would take so long. So, for all those people out there who have molded, did I mess anything up, or should I add registration keys anywhere (I really just have the ridge on the top in an x pattern and two registration keys on the cheeks. If any of you pros out there see any issues with the way it has been molded so far, please let me know what to do to fix. I appreciate your help.

IMG_20110415_070245.jpg

IMG_20110415_070305.jpg

Thanks again for viewing my thread!

P.S. I must have mixed it right, because every layer was curing, I guess it's do or die after I make the support shell and see if there are any issues once I demold the model.

Keys would always help, especially in keepin the correct shape of the helmet, within the silicone mold while casting [prevents mishapen casts] and to hold it properly secured in the jacket.

You really need some keys on the front of that helmet. The helmet mold (rubber) is going to slide around inside your mother mold (hard outside of the mold) without registration keys (big bumps/ squares or other shapes) to help keep it in place. I see you made a big x on top, but it's not really tall enough to do a lot of good, also where you are going to get the most warp-age is at the bottom of the helmet. Remember when you are casting that is the part that will be at the top because you will hold it upside down to pour in the plastic. That means you need major keys working up in that direction.

OK, Heres what it looks like so far. I had to stop 3:00 because I had to get up for work at 6:00. I didn’t realize it would take so long. So, for all those people out there who have molded, did I mess anything up, or should I add registration keys anywhere (I really just have the ridge on the top in an x pattern and two registration keys on the cheeks. If any of you pros out there see any issues with the way it has been molded so far, please let me know what to do to fix. I appreciate your help.

IMG_20110415_070245.jpg

IMG_20110415_070305.jpg

Thanks again for viewing my thread!

P.S. I must have mixed it right, because every layer was curing, I guess it's do or die after I make the support shell and see if there are any issues once I demold the model.

er, um, yeah what he said ;p
Keys would always help, especially in keepin the correct shape of the helmet, within the silicone mold while casting [prevents mishapen casts] and to hold it properly secured in the jacket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back