Props Real Size Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreads

Well i am making a sniper riffle form halo3 for dragon con and i decide to see how big it really was so i looked it up and printed it out. it says at the wiki its 187.5cm long mine here is 160cm long and you can see its still over 5 feet long and i can see now i may have to rescale it down again.
sniper001.jpg

sniper002.jpg

sniper003.jpg

any one know if the sniper rifle in this picture form weta is scale or not?
gallery_3067_4_39975.jpg

Or if anyone has a suggestion let me know. I am building the rifle form wood and PVC pipe

thanks for any help

Cool man :D Good luck to ya!

The Legendary Armor doods progress of the A.R. culd be good pic reference on how they went about stuff :)

Here it is a half scale i think i will do it closer to this size than the size give in the wiki this size is about 85 cm of course i may go a tad bigger though

sniper.jpg

I don't think that the WETA one is 1:1 scale with the wiki's length, either. I did some crude scaling techniques and figured out it wasn't full size, although I never did figure out the exact length.

I had starting planning one of these out and also got to the printing stage, but I scaled up and printed Vrogy's blueprint. I had the same problem with it being too big, so I had broken the blueprint up so I was only printing the grip, and kept reducing the size until it fit into my hands. It's still a pretty beastly size.

Mine is short of scale by around 10 inches and its a handful lol, but for some reason it looks right when its being held. So I would say either do it full scale or just inch it down alittle.

Any chance Black rose you counld give me the Length and height of your Sniper rifle to compare

Also not exactly sure how to scale it to my 6'1 size if its at 7 feet now hmm got to think how to work that our since its 73.8 inches long for a 84 inch person i guess its time for math

edit ijust scaled it to my height and its 160cm and thats what my print out on the first post is close too

Sure I'll get all the measurements you want when I get home from work.... I'm gonna scan through my SR thread because I know I meantioned the length before...

EDIT: Heh, guess I never measured it after I finalized the position of the barrel... Ill shoot you a PM with all sorts measurements when I get home in 2 hours lol, sorry.

wel me and my friend are still making it full scale. sude look just find with a mega huge sniper in my way to big hands XD

P.S. the girls love it that my barrel is so long

*shakes head* "men....." lol

Theres nothign sexier than a chick with a sniper rifle (even if it is 10 inches short of full scale) IMO lol

OFF TOPIC!

I did a photo overlay of the Weta... measure your hand and hold it as he does.... then over lay that lengath along the rifle... I come up with about 173 cm... or 5.66 feet.

BlacRoseImmortal said:
*shakes head* "men....." lol

Theres nothign sexier than a chick with a sniper rifle (even if it is 10 inches short of full scale) IMO lol

OFF TOPIC!
oke i do have to agree with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spase said:
I did a photo overlay of the Weta... measure your hand and hold it as he does.... then over lay that lengath along the rifle... I come up with about 173 cm... or 5.66 feet.
So for all intents and purposes, the WETA sniper rifle was scaled 1:1 since the Halopedia lists it at 187.5 cm (6.15 ft).

well put it this way, if you have something the same size as an assault rifle it will look pathetic,

they are big things, i would just scale it to your size, if its 180cm and MC is 250cm

and you were 200cm you have divided MC's height by 5 and took a fifth off, so do the same to the sniper, and it should look good

basically, if you want it to be scaled like it is to masterchief, scale it down the same percentage you did on the suit

Dreads said:
Well i am making a sniper riffle form halo3 for dragon con and i decide to see how big it really was so i looked it up and printed it out. it says at the wiki its 187.5cm long mine here is 160cm long and you can see its still over 5 feet long and i can see now i may have to rescale it down again.
sniper001.jpg

sniper002.jpg

sniper003.jpg

any one know if the sniper rifle in this picture form weta is scale or not?
gallery_3067_4_39975.jpg

Or if anyone has a suggestion let me know. I am building the rifle form wood and PVC pipe

thanks for any help
That sounds about right. The weapon it's based on, the Denel NTW-20, is nearly 6 feet long, and the .50 caliber Barrett M82 is almost five feet long. The NTW-20 fires a 20mm round. These are anti-materiel rifles, rather than conventional sniper rifles. For scaling, the bore on the rifle should be 1/2 inch across, as the weapon is .50 caliber. This is a SERIOUSLY big rifle. Just be glad your replica won't weigh as much as the real thing. The Denel weighs over 50 pounds loaded!

Dreads, here are my measurements. Note that these are the EXACT numbers:

Overall Length: 55 3/4 Inches (4 Feet, 7 3/4 Inches)

Barrell: 23 Inches

Overall Height: 10 Inches (that is wish the bridge thingy over the scope, from the ground)

Body Height: 7 Inches (from the ground)

Body Width: 2 1/2 Inches (the main body, not including the "legs")

If there are anymore measurements you want, let me know. Hope this helps!

Oh and I'm 5'5" and the 4'7.75" ratio looks good IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back