Klowd's T51b Power Armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klowd 13

Ive had this one in the works since 1ManBattalion posted his awesome T51B Helm.
I finally finished it today! :D
3605899520_d7f3aa5b71_b.jpg

3605081735_96195e16d6_b.jpg

I would say its an Intermediate build, I had fun building it! :p
Im gonna leave the ridge on the top just for the sake of uniqueness, and Ill probably use some of Sigma's ideas off from his helm on mine.

Anyone know if the rest of this suit is done in Pep yet? It looked like someone (cant remember who) was working on it when i started this helm.

Cheers,
-John-

Mines gonna be more towards the Fallout 1-2 style more then the Fallout 3 style... the Fallout 1-2 style just appeals to me more.

Paladin.jpg

Notice anything missing in this picture? Yes? No? Maybe? Its missing the Left side "Ear" piece.
This one is from Fallout 2 (i think), and i just like the style more... i dont know why.

1ManBattalion's helmet is more of the Fallout 3 style, thus having both the ear pieces. Ill just put a quick patch on the hole and it should be fine.

Cheers,
-John-

Thanks!

Heres some pics of the helm after i put the patch in today.
3608681397_1d40f06c56_b.jpg

On the table are different parts im planning on using for the helm.
3608682293_e6c3a55d71_b.jpg

a good pic of the patch on the side, and of the placement of the details from the Fallout 1-2 helms
3609498098_4b501d89db_b.jpg

Full on pic of the patch, its nothing special...

Next thing is fiberglass/resin and paint. Paint is probably gonna be Mat Grey like this pic.
541544780_e68b8aab3d.jpg

gonna be weathered like its been used, but well taken care of.

Cheers,
-John-

Well another small update on the helm. I think i may have found a good alternative to fiberglassing here. I have to experiment with it yet (hopefully this weekend) i have a screwed up helm (from old CQB project :p ) and hand plate to experiment on.

Ill let you guys know how it goes, and how strong it is.

Cheers,
-John-

Nice to see another t-51 build interesting that you an sigma both went the fallout 1&2. Ive always like the looks of fallout 3 t-51b sure it a little off from the original but to an aver joy its a t-51b. I harderen mine using casting resin i like how it turned out but fiberglass is the way to go heck alot cheaper and lighter. Nice build though never the less

Klowd, Do you know where I could download the shoulders, the thighs, and the arms for the T51b???????

Now this looks like it's going to turn out awesome! Great start! Let me know if you want to know any specific stores or sites that have neat scratch pieces for it.

Tyvern- Those pieces have not been unfolded yet to my knowledge. Sorry dude. Most will be better off scratch built though due to the low detail and huge curves.

Sigma-LS said:
Now this looks like it's going to turn out awesome! Great start! Let me know if you want to know any specific stores or sites that have neat scratch pieces for it.

Tyvern- Those pieces have not been unfolded yet to my knowledge. Sorry dude. Most will be better off scratch built though due to the low detail and huge curves.

K, thanks sig but!!!!!, I have found files for those areas but did not have links only pictures they are on four-o-fifth(here)

Here are da links

picture two-no mutants allowed

well there was one on 405th but I lost where it was

Last edited by a moderator:
Klowd 13 said:
Ive had this one in the works since 1ManBattalion posted his awesome T51B Helm.

I finally finished it today! :D:D' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

3605899520_d7f3aa5b71_b.jpg

3605081735_96195e16d6_b.jpg

I would say its an Intermediate build, I had fun building it! :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Im gonna leave the ridge on the top just for the sake of uniqueness, and Ill probably use some of Sigma's ideas off from his helm on mine.

Anyone know if the rest of this suit is done in Pep yet? It looked like someone (cant remember who) was working on it when i started this helm.

Cheers, Idont know but, your helmet is awsome were can I find the Files???

-John-

I havent done too much with this, i just havent had the time or money to get the fiberglasing supplies.

Corey, the helm is here --> http://www.4shared.com/file/80311148/ea2282ba/T51-B_Letter.html <--

Cheers,

-John-

EDIT: Crap i forgot about this post.

Klowd 13 said:
Well another small update on the helm. I think i may have found a good alternative to fiberglassing here. I have to experiment with it yet (hopefully this weekend) i have a screwed up helm (from old CQB project :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' /> " border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ) and hand plate to experiment on.

Ill let you guys know how it goes, and how strong it is.

For me? It worked like crap. It literally disintegrated the hand plate, but i think my mixture was too watery.

Thing of advice if you do try to use it: DONT let the water/flour mix sit for more then a week. The stench that forms is terrible.

just be sure to go all-out

That "thing" on the right side of the helmet (left side on the picture) is what appears to be a Range Finder, not an additional light like most believe, and it is mobile - it will roll down over the eye, as well as be able to be down- and folded away from the eye (see the hinges?)the cording is probably to power internal lights to make it read easy - although most of this is just "common sense" to me, and no offical documentation has been found on it.

Compare it to Boba Fett's Range Finder - Fetts was more high tech, but it functioned the same just without the hinges.

Plus it'd be really sweet to have that slide down and have a magnifying lense in it.

Some show it glowing red - which may be a nightvision thing... although green is most commonly used, a red glowing light really makes no sense there for anything.. unless it's some sort of laser sight ...

Kissker said:
just be sure to go all-out

That "thing" on the right side of the helmet (left side on the picture) is what appears to be a Range Finder, not an additional light like most believe, and it is mobile - it will roll down over the eye, as well as be able to be down- and folded away from the eye (see the hinges?)the cording is probably to power internal lights to make it read easy - although most of this is just "common sense" to me, and no offical documentation has been found on it.

Compare it to Boba Fett's Range Finder - Fetts was more high tech, but it functioned the same just without the hinges.

Plus it'd be really sweet to have that slide down and have a magnifying lense in it.

Some show it glowing red - which may be a nightvision thing... although green is most commonly used, a red glowing light really makes no sense there for anything.. unless it's some sort of laser sight ...

Oh ill try to go all out!

The way i was gonna make the range finder was 2 darkened convex lenses, nothing more. I dont want to make it usable because my vision is already narrowed in the helmet(its like looking through a mail slot).

Cheers,

-John-

Amazing game and amazing costume thus far my friend!

I've wanted to make that but never really ever got the motor running to make it happen, maybe in the future.

Great job!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back