Props Reach combat knife

Status
Not open for further replies.

Privateer

I have a day of waiting for paint to dry and watching the kids so I decided to throw down one of the reach knives juliet76 made the blueprints for which are top rate by the way.
I started with a sheet of 1/4" ABS plastic and started scaling and laying out my parts. Next off to the bandsaw and then the beltsander, Finally a little hand sanding with some 220 then polish it off with a 3M finishing pad. I then glued up the handle scales and drilled them to accept the SS 6/32 screws I still have to add the checking to the scales and work on the sheath but Im really happy with it so far.

P9050533.jpg

Cheers!

Im working on the sheath still but I have started the mould for the knife itself as far as making a run of them I dont know.

Happy you like the blueprints Privateer, and even happier that another one's been made off of them! Looks great, like the fuller. You're more productive waiting for paint to dry than I am while actually working on a project! :p

What's the plan for doing the diamond patterning? I've been milling over different ideas on how to do it on timber but haven't come up with a way I'm really happy with yet.:(

Thanks! I scribed the diamond pattern in with a Carbide scribing tool for sheetmetal layout and a metal scale ruler I just didnt get pics before it went under the silicone lol. I also ran it over my cloth polishing wheel on the bench grinder and removed all of the sanding marks and brought it up to a high polish. I still havent finished the sheath yet Im looking for the right material to form the topside with.

Cheers!

This looking good Privateer I hope mine looks as good as yours when I start it for my Reach Build coming up

This is Buck's knife right? The blade looks a little too wide to me. I could be wrong, I don't remember the knife very well.

very nice indeed! I cant seem to find the blueprints for these though

Check the link in my sig. ;)

This is Buck's knife right? The blade looks a little too wide to me. I could be wrong, I don't remember the knife very well.

I've also got the blueprints to Buck's bowie done up and in the same linked thread, along with reference pictures for both. And yep, they're wide.:)

I've also got the blueprints to Buck's bowie done up and in the same linked thread, along with reference pictures for both. And yep, they're wide.:)

I found the Reach knife and your right about the blade being wide. Like your Halo: CE Kifees btw, they were always my favorite, I'm gonna have to make me some one of these days. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back